Passport photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

singdude

Dec 22, 2005
Newcastle (UK)
Greetings !!

I made passport photos with dimesion 35mm by 45mm and when I print it using my printer, the size is correct but when I printed it at the digital photo printing kiosk, the size seems to be bigger by 1mm, both on the length and breadth. Does anyone know why it expands and what I should do t get the right dimension ?

Your help is much appreciated. Thank you and have nice day.

when I printed it at the digital photo printing kiosk, the size seems to be bigger by 1mm, both on the length and breadth. Does anyone know why it expands and what I should do t get the right dimension ?

To allow for tolerances in the paper feed without causing white borders on the prints, pictures are slightly enlarged so the "bleed" over the page/sheet. The resulting prints are always slightly cropped. You could ask your lab operator if s/he can disable this feature, or if s/he can specify exactly how much the images are enlarged for a given paper size. Or you could just estimate how much you have to correct for this and hope that it's the same next time.

your photos for passport application purposes? if yes, apply online and send them a soft copy.

Thank you guys for your suggestions and also offering of help. I have sorted out the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.