Passport photo taking overpriced!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch3nyong

Apr 26, 2007
Crap!! That's defenitely not a good way to start a thread but.. CRAP!!

Forgive me for taking passport photo in Singapore for the first time, but $8.00 for 4 pieces is whatchama-called "overpriced"!!

I initially saw them stating Singapore passport (6 pieces) = $1.50, and went in, then realized it was $8.00.. without much consideration (I urgently need it) I hesitantly agreed. Then, I was so stunned when the girl took out Canon PowerShot A-series camera, and asked me to stand infront of a piece of wall (which is not even a smooth white-coloured backdrop!)

When I kindly enquired her about the $1.50 price, she said that's for reproduction! Ok, so I asked if I would be given softcopy of what has been taken, and she replied "NO! Of course not, you need to pay $5.00 to get that burned out into CD.."

:thumbsd:

It is them who spoil the Singapore photo development market...

** Above are my personal experience and views, doesnt mean others need to think the same as I do.. If you had similar experience or think the same way as I do, do share.. Thanks!

Ah.. tat's the reason why I always print my own passport-sized photos.. even for all my family members.
Cheap & nice + can touch up somemore..;)

Well, i rather buy a printer and printer it at home.
Seriously, I don't understand why the 2 inch photo is more expensive that those 4R or 5R.

That's the problem lor... everybody print at home, less customer to serve... need to earn the same amount to pay rent... so how?

Increase price lor...

Powershot A series.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Cool sia!

Well, i rather buy a printer and printer it at home.
Seriously, I don't understand why the 2 inch photo is more expensive that those 4R or 5R.

There's a service involved mah... Must take your picture right?
Also, the volume for that size is not so high, so must charge higher to make a decent margin lor...

If you don't want to pay, then print your passport photo onto 4R and then cut it out like some of us lor...

There's a service involved mah... Must take your picture right?
Also, the volume for that size is not so high, so must charge higher to make a decent margin lor...

If you don't want to pay, then print your passport photo onto 4R and then cut it out like some of us lor...

wondering if you print passport photo in 4R... will they charge you 30 cents or 8 dollar?

I actually did that for my resume photos, arranged 8 pieces onto 4R size, and developed 10 pieces, and I got 80 pieces..

I will not go for those shops anymore.. I understand less customer then raise price, but I believe there's lots more people like me, " PRICE HIGH, SELF PRINT ".. If the price is reasonable, I would go for them even I can print better and cheaper, coz' of the conveniences!

Again, CRAP :nono:

These meachants will always find the opportunity to squeeze out blood from a stone :sweat: I also just found out that I have to pay $6 per entry at Explanade and $4 for a small bottle of Evian when watching the Phantom of the Opera last week :sweat:

These meachants will always find the opportunity to squeeze out blood from a stone :sweat: I also just found out that I have to pay $6 per entry at Explanade and $4 for a small bottle of Evian when watching the Phantom of the Opera last week :sweat:

Haha... park at Suntec and buy mineral water from Carrefour. :bsmilie:

its high priced because its at a position where they know you need to get a passport size photograph and its urgent. So they know people will still pay because they need to get it done there and then.

then again if you go to a proper photo shop to tke your photos its a lot more expensive. .

and. . you dont have to buy a printer, paper and ink to make passport photos. .

Why are you all complaining?? It's professional skills!!

Why no one complain about wedding photographers charging 4-digit sum for a whole day shoot?? And why additional print photographs must pay?? Customers must as well print their photographs at home...

For passport-renewal, you can actually do online with your softcopy for free......:think:

For hard copies, why not laid them up in 8's in 4R and get them printed at 30 cts ......

Why no one complain about wedding photographers charging 4-digit sum for a whole day shoot?? And why additional print photographs must pay?? Customers must as well print their photographs at home...

Professional skills? :nono:
Have you encounter the sales gal take your passport photo?

got time and skill, can take your own PP photos loh. try that for wedding. :devil: :bsmilie:

expensive or not depends on clients lah, i just do a passport shoot at studio at $200 plus, do my clients says expensive?? Nope they find it reasonable.

I initially saw them stating Singapore passport (6 pieces) = $1.50, and went in, then realized it was $8.00.. without much consideration (I urgently need it) I hesitantly agreed. Then, I was so stunned when the girl took out Canon PowerShot A-series camera, and asked me to stand infront of a piece of wall (which is not even a smooth white-coloured backdrop!)

u at least got a canon camera to shoot you, that time i got some 2mp camera to do my passport photo.

Have you check their equipment?? Maybe they are using 1Ds to take photographs...so expensive

sometimes they are just first timers and don't even know which button to press. I had to teach them one time! :bsmilie:

sometimes they didnt even know the standard for passport photos like fringe must not cover eyebrown etc....

so if the ppl at ICA dun approve ur photo, u got to retake...

so i decided to get my frens to take for me n print it myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.