Passing By

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaron-xp

Aug 14, 2008
Passingby1.jpg

Shot with a E510, kit lens.

First attempt at outdoor night photography, some time ago.

Taken right outside school, somewhere I walk past every day, but one which seems totally unfamiliar when seen in a different light

Would like critique on:
1) Composition (RoT? Then pavement would be gone)
2) Post processing
3) Grain/Noise (shot with ISO1600)

Any other general comments are welcomed! Thanks.

Tilted horizon.

And if u have used a tripod to take the shot, you may have used a lower ISO and longer shutter speed... the effects may be better.

hmm, what are you trying to achieve?
What is that white thing in the middle?
It is best shot at low iso, then add grain during post processing, and not shoot at iso 1600 straight.
I would prefer to see your school than terrace.

Tilted horizon.

And if u have used a tripod to take the shot, you may have used a lower ISO and longer shutter speed... the effects may be better.

initially i thought the horizon is tilted, but taking at look at the terrace, i think its a slope.

initially i thought the horizon is tilted, but taking at look at the terrace, i think its a slope.

thanks... didn't notice it at first.

Yup, it was taken on a slope.

White thing in the middle is a van going by, hence the title, passing by.

Point taken about using a tripod, don't usually carry it around with me though. Will try to take another shot from the opposite side of the road, with the view of the school. Never thought of that.

Good first attempt, as Zac mentioned, you should use a Tripod + lowest ISO for such work this will lead to a much slower shutter speed and you can capture light trails for the passing cars! That will be great!

In case you want to capture the car in motion, then have to use a faster lens and moderate ISO levels that suits the situation! There are soooo many things you can do, depending on what you want to do :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.