Passage of time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrogen

Apr 27, 2007
637229869_514419570d.jpg

i took this picture several weeks ago after i got my new gx100.
took it to chinatown for some test shots.
i look a picture of a conservation house and did some post editing to it using GIMP.
- corrected perspective
- created this graduated color to BW effect

appreciate any comments on:
- composition
- post editing

thanks in advance! :)

637229869_514419570d.jpg

i took this picture several weeks ago after i got my new gx100.
took it to chinatown for some test shots.
i look a picture of a conservation house and did some post editing to it using GIMP.
- corrected perspective
- created this graduated color to BW effect

appreciate any comments on:
- composition
- post editing

thanks in advance! :)

I like your dilligence to adjust your picture to fit somewhat into your intention "Passage of time..." The graduated effect do capture the essence of time flow in your picture. Good attempt.

There are a number of snags in the picture though... why the windows? They do not capture too much attention and could easily be dismissed as something of importance. Also, red is not necessary a good choice of colour here. If it is the original colour of the building, so be it... but if you'd added red yourself, you may want to consider using other colours.

I like your dilligence to adjust your picture to fit somewhat into your intention "Passage of time..." The graduated effect do capture the essence of time flow in your picture. Good attempt.

There are a number of snags in the picture though... why the windows? They do not capture too much attention and could easily be dismissed as something of importance. Also, red is not necessary a good choice of colour here. If it is the original colour of the building, so be it... but if you'd added red yourself, you may want to consider using other colours.

thanks for the feedback. those are original colors of the building. basically i just washed out the colors on the left. why windows? guess i was just trying to make the plain old window shot more interesting. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.