Pasir Gudang Track Driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcwang

Jan 9, 2003
East Singapore
www.pbase.com
ANyone has information on Pasir Gudang ? The last time I drove on a track was at Nurburgring, Germany. Now my hands damn itchy, need to get on a track again (being a responsible driver, :bsmilie: ).

Anyone could advice on the pricing and other related information ? I dont exactly own a car, and I dont intend to take my Dad's Sunny on it, any lobang where to rent a Malaysian Car to bring on board ?

How is the system like at Pasir Gudang ?

Is it open everyday ?

Do select the number of laps you want to go, or you buy a half day track pass or something ?

Please advice on the cost.

The cost of the track session is RM70/hr, Normally its an hr or 2 session.

Concern-Safety issue

No worries about damages on your car as everyone drives at their own pace, there is no speed limit on the track, you can drives at 50km/hr or 150km/hr.. as long you are comfy. It definitely better and safer than pace-testing your cars on a public road. At least you dont need to worry about the TP... As long you follow the regulations and the tips given, you will be alright.

thank you.

Btw.. r u going with frds or alone?
i got a grp of frds who always drive up to pasir gudang.. perhaps u can follow them

Hmm.... I have a couple of car nut friends who would like to go as well. The thing is everyone doesnt want to trash their car up on the track. So I'm looking for some alternatives to that. Like car rental.

Are they opened everyday for track driving ?

i think so..
cos i went on a weekday and weekend as well
not sure if they r open on public holidays

car rental?
msian car quite lok kor.. unless u rent those superb wan like WRX / EVO...
but what if u damage their car?

*touchwood*

10 mins aways from pasir gudang got go kart!!!
ehehehehe

Even if you didn't get into an accident, its going to be a little hard to explain the worn tires - track days can really take its toll on car tires. If you were going to go do it anyway, I suppose you should keep checking on tire wear after every run to keep it looking treaded instead of wearing it right down. Of course, you can also drive at a relatively sedate pace around corners so that you can keep tire wear in control. Also, regular cars probably aren't suited for prolonged track work, brakes and cooling systems may not be up to it.

r32 said:
Even if you didn't get into an accident, its going to be a little hard to explain the worn tires - track days can really take its toll on car tires. If you were going to go do it anyway, I suppose you should keep checking on tire wear after every run to keep it looking treaded instead of wearing it right down. Of course, you can also drive at a relatively sedate pace around corners so that you can keep tire wear in control. Also, regular cars probably aren't suited for prolonged track work, brakes and cooling systems may not be up to it.

I understand your concerns Leong. I did 100 clicks of the nurburgring in the Astra TDi with alot of deliberate tyre scrubbing cornering and there wasnt any noticeable tyre wear. They were comfort tyres (eco-contact ep), and didnt grip too well, but enough to dislodge my lungs a little.

And throughout that 100 clicks, we had continuous 50km runs (2rounds) with the revs contantly hitting the rev limiter and pedal to metal kinda driving. The brakes were constantly tickling the ABS. Still, the car felt good after the round of trashing. We did another 1500km of country driving after that.

I think 1 hour of track driving should be alright for most relatively new cars. And I dont think I'm fit enough for a continuous 1 hour session, freaking shack. I think the cooling systems are ok if we are not doing drifting or drafting.

Wanna join me ? :sweatsm: Need to find a car. Satria GTi is good enough for me.

I guess it is a case of YMMV, because it sure is hotter in the tropics, and you aren't having German engineering under your butt - you have Malaysian engineering (no matter if that came from Japan or England or wherever). I am uncertain about tire wear, but again it varies with how much corner speed you want to carry.

I've rented vehicles in Malaysia before, but they don't really have anything sporty, at least not the mainstream agencies like Hawk or Hertz or Avis. You'd be hard pressed to even find a manual transmission larger capacity car.

I'd be interested in a track day, but I get enough fun gokarting down here in Brisbane ;)

marcwang said:
ANyone has information on Pasir Gudang ? The last time I drove on a track was at Nurburgring, Germany. Now my hands damn itchy, need to get on a track again (being a responsible driver, :bsmilie: ).

Anyone could advice on the pricing and other related information ? I dont exactly own a car, and I dont intend to take my Dad's Sunny on it, any lobang where to rent a Malaysian Car to bring on board ?

if you own (or know someone who does) a BMW, suggest you go for their Advance Driver Training Course (S$500 per person). You get to drive their 330 and burn half a set of the best tyres!
Or you can organise a "corporate outing" (but cost more at $700 pax) with your friends.
Look here for more info:
http://www.pml.com.sg/bmw/bmw_driver_training/corporate.html

This is really really fun!

PG is very hard on the tyres, much harder than SIC. The tarmac is very rough. If you are good, a reasonable R-tyre like Kumho V700 will just last you about 40 laps. PG is a short and hard track, you may find that even an Impreza GL may not lose out to a Rex if the driver is good. I don't know what's the current status of the track but i don't think it'd have changed much. hehe....

I suggest that you don't waste time renting a car and whack there. You will fade the pads and the low performance rubber will go wolly within 1 hot lap. Go for karting or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.