Parody: photography can cause stress and madness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen on cnetasia: :D

Here's a funny video clip by two photographers in Colombia, South America. Taking a jab at some of the gearheads who trawl DPreview's forums, one of them portrayed a delirious photographer who is crazy about aligning his lens just because "the professionals on DPreview said so". He also spent two days looking for a dead pixel in his camera and has deleted his entire catalog of photos because of that.

Do note that this is just a parody done by the duo to poke fun at shutterbugs who are crazy about their photo equipment, so don't take it too seriously. Remember, the camera is just a tool to help you capture an image.

http://asia.cnet.com/crave/2009/11/13/photography-can-cause-undue-stress-and-madness/?scid=rss_c_crv

Or some thread like "HELP! Image not sharp at 500%!!!"

:bsmilie:
What do you mean its not sharp at 500%? It HAS to be sharp!!!! The DPreview pple says so! I mean... I mean...

:p

I like the home made focus chart which he holds with his toes! ;)
And the '3rd brick is not sharp!' complaint.

Q.Q

I GOTTA DELETE MY ENTIRE CATALOGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEAGSDHASHSADWEJKDFNDS

emos for 10 thousand years .....:ipuke:

how many time we have seen people posting images of shooting can drink, window grill, keyboard, news paper etc, asking members are their lens have some focusing issue? does the lens need to send for calibrating or not...? Those images are low res, off color, underexposed, mostly like have camera shake, OMG! how to judge from these images?

and also either testing a third party zoom lens on f2.8, or a 50mm prime lens on f1.8, can not understand the dof is so narrow when doing close up, still want every corners sharp sharp, front and back also sharp sharp, plus nice bokeh..................... wah!! very demanding leh.....

I'm not saying one should not do the lens focusing test, but if want to do a lens test, at least print out a proper focusing test chart, set up camera on tripod and with adequate lighting condition, so to eliminate all the issue of camera shake, poor focusing condition etc. so that the test result will be more accurate, confirm no user problem.

but hor, so strange that we hardly see people showing test result this way...., I guess is once people done the test correctly, they usually don't find any problem on the lens.

Last edited:
I like the home made focus chart which he holds with his toes! ;)
And the '3rd brick is not sharp!' complaint.

Right! And it has to be on foot away and 45 degrees. :bsmilie:
Haha. Thanks for sharing.

Made in Japan vs Taiwan....sounds familar..:bsmilie:

Tell him that he bought a lens baby....:p

lol....he got many good equipement indeed

Status
Not open for further replies.