Status
Not open for further replies.

unseen

Dec 14, 2004
NTU and Wdls
I refer to these two pages on Straits Times Stomp:
http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/viewPost1794.aspx
http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/viewPost1902.aspx

I hope LTA can come out and make a public stand on this.
I find it totally inexcusable that a law enforcer would be permitted such leeway. Giving the same excuse that as normal offenders when they are caught, yet they are just reprimanded. I think the law enforcer in this case is not suitable for duty and should be discharged. In fact, for the parent company to defend such irresponsible actions, United Premas should be taken to the task.

The warden was parking not in an "undesignated parking area", but an "illegal parking area" aka "NO PARKING ZONE".

This was brought to many of our eyes only because someone caught it down on hard evidence. It makes me wonder how many others escaped our attention because others didn't get it down?

not the first time already. :ipuke:

So what's next? A photo with the bike in a parking lot with the title "Parking warden did not display parking coupons"?

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Its a double yellow line

TP must catch this in action then can summon mah... Lppl lor...

btw, u guys got see mask rider park his bike anot? i always wonder y he dash out with his bike then the bike disappear... auto parking mode... same goes for the parking wardens... now i know where they hide the bikes liao... another urban legend solved... :thumbsup:

Its a double yellow line

Ermm... think u didnt get what i was trying to say...

I understand that this is a double yellow line... I meant to say that the next thread will be a traffic warden bike in a parking lot with a new title "Parking Warden fails to display Parking Coupon.

double yellow line no use lah. so many people ignore it. :ipuke:

yah i risk being flamed cos this is a sensitive topic for alot.. but i feel that its abit pointless to aim the warden's they are just doing their job and if its a bike its minimal hindrance for the time they are there. but its selfish car drivers that jam up single lane roads by parking that make me more angry. especially those that block other road users cos of their inconsiderate nature

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/viewPost1894.aspx
http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/viewPost1903.aspx

If you park your car and walk off, it makes sense to summon you.
I am sure if you are around your car, you will not get a summon.

To me, if the warden parked the bike and walked off then it make sense to complain.
Otherwise, just by the photo alone is only one side of the story since he maybe nearby doing his duty and within reach of bike to shift and ride off if necessary.

So what's next? A photo with the bike in a parking lot with the title "Parking warden did not display parking coupons"?

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I think yes, if he is doing is duty and occupying a parking lot, then, coupon need to be displayed.

likewise, if a policeman parked his policecar in a lot and went to have his lunch, do you think he should display coupon?

If you park your car and walk off, it makes sense to summon you.
I am sure if you are around your car, you will not get a summon.

To me, if the warden parked the bike and walked off then it make sense to complain.
Otherwise, just by the photo alone is only one side of the story since he maybe nearby doing his duty and within reach of bike to shift and ride off if necessary.

i think is is wrong. parking at double yellow line is an offence whether or not you are in the car/motobike or nearby the car/motorbike. I was issue with an parking offence that I park at double yellow line even I can prove that I am in the car.

i think is is wrong. parking at double yellow line is an offence whether or not you are in the car/motobike or nearby the car/motorbike. I was issue with an parking offence that I park at double yellow line even I can prove that I am in the car.

Well maybe you are right or maybe wrong...depends how you see it.
You are stopping there and is inside the car.
Not parking there.

For your case the summon can be avoided. :dunno:

By the way just curious not flaming :cool: , since you are inside the car already why you need to prove it?

UP only reprimanded dat warden??!! Double Std!! If more letters to TP; i'm sure they(sub-con) kena blackList..
mmm. Stomp Power leh..:thumbsup:

same. My bike was on a double yellow line and I was standing nearby, an officer came and started to copy my number, i told him "i'm leaving" he said "ok i'll come back and check" 2 weeks later i got a letter booking me for obstruction of traffic. So i got of the double yellow line charge but got punished for obstruction of traffic where there are cars infront and behind my bike? brought the case to TP and argued till the cows came home and they finally let me off.

UP only reprimanded dat warden??!! Double Std!! If more letters to TP; i'm sure they(sub-con) kena blackList..
mmm. Stomp Power leh..:thumbsup:
black list? then ? cisco do lor.. who do also same one lah..

Ermm... think u didnt get what i was trying to say...

I understand that this is a double yellow line... I meant to say that the next thread will be a traffic warden bike in a parking lot with a new title "Parking Warden fails to display Parking Coupon.

tot u r trying to say Singaporeans complain too much. ;)

It was an illegal parking, correct.

But from another POV, if that warden don't park there and park elsewhere, the car owner might be gone when he return to that spot.

So, this type also complain, don't know how next time will come out with one. "Police car must park in car park n by the time they go to crime scene, thief already got away. " :bsmilie:

But from another POV, if that warden don't park there and park elsewhere, the car owner might be gone when he return to that spot.

So, this type also complain, don't know how next time will come out with one. "Police car must park in car park n by the time they go to crime scene, thief already got away. " :bsmilie:

Yeah! :bsmilie:

How about the ambulance the speed and stop/park along expressway...park at double zig-zag line..... :bsmilie:
The complain list goes on... :devil:

Govt authories are exempted from such rules and regulation when serving their duty and in emergencies.

United Premas is not

The warden can take his time park his bike in a proper place (without obstructing traffic) and do his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.