Parking in Singapore.... arrgghh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

epileatheral

Dec 4, 2008
I'm having a headache now.

I'm from JB. My friends from KL are coming down and I'm bringing them in to Singapore.
We'll be staying at a friend's place at Clementi.

I'll be coming in on late Friday night. And getting out on Sunday afternoon.

Now.. here comes the problem... where shall I park? Night time I have no problem.
Just park at HDB and put overnight parking ticket, from 10:30pm to 7:00am.

Problem now is Saturday 7:00am till 10:30pm.

Can anyone give me a good , and most cost effective option, if not free.

Thanks!

just pay. a safer way to pay is using the $10 coupon- a one time usage which works anywhere in singapore as long as its not those cashcard/ERP parkings.

that $10 is safer compared to using the 50cents coupon and exceeding it.

thats in my opinion that is..

btw, this $10 coupon parking doesnt work in shopping centres or orchard road/city areas..... only HDB parkings

Oh.. there's such a thing? What is the validity of one coupon? $10 for 7am to 10:30am?

Ooh.. thanks man!

by the way, what's URA?

URA is Urban Redevelopment Board.

Just saw the Q&A given, apparently the S$10 coupon parking doesn't cover the yellow lots (normally found inside CBD, which cost S$1/half hour). S$16.50 coupon would cover all lots.

However, many HDB carparks have night parking reserved for season ticket holders. You can't use the S$10 nor S$16.50 coupon to park overnight. Pls take note.

I'm from JB. My friends from KL are coming down and I'm bringing them in to Singapore.

Now.. here comes the problem... where shall I park? Night time I have no problem.

Thanks!

If you don't intend to drive while you are in SGP, and you are from JB,
why not just leave your car at home (JB) and take taxi/bus to cross the causeway to SGP & taxi/mrt/bus to commute around when you are in SGP ?

A few times when I was in JB the causeway was so jammed I decided ask my friend to just drop me off and walk across the causeway...

Well.. I do need to drive around late at night for supper and things like that.

Here's my understanding. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Friday 10:30pm - Saturday 7:00am - $2 Night Parking coupon at HDB parking with Night Parking
Saturday 7:00am - Saturday 10:30pm - $10 Whole day Parking Coupon at HDB parking
Saturday 10:30pm - Sunday 7:00am - $2 Night Parking coupon at HDB parking with Night Parking
Sunday 7:00am onwards = FREE

Am I right?

did you manage?

Thanks!

Park in a church, condo or temple...... confirm free loh. Maybe can drive to IMM, the parking there is free for the 1st 3 hrs now..... or u can park along the road, switch on your hazard lights, put a small tree branch to indicate your car broken down. Just pray the TP dun tow your car away loh....... ehehhhe.........

Status
Not open for further replies.