paranomic shot of waterfront at esplanade

Status
Not open for further replies.

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
I use a 50 mm lens set at f4.0 to take the reading of the scenes (require 11 shot to cover 360 deg, with some overlaps for every shot). The shutter speed varies from 1.5sec (sea view) to 1/10sec (the provision shop next to the entrance).
I only filters I have are skylight and polarizer. Would using pokarizer on the shop help? Or should I use the average exposure reading from the 11 scenes?
Some of my friends told me to use a ND filter, should this be any difference from using a polarizer?

I'm not sure if u should average out your reading since the brightness will definitely alter with the different scenes.... U might just want to shoot and see how it turns out.... and then do another round using an average aperture setting..... why dun use a smaller aperture like f8.0? U are taking a large scene... so u would probably want as large a DOF as possible.... unless u are interested in isolating only part of the scene....

denniskee said:
The shutter speed varies from 1.5sec (sea view) to 1/10sec (the provision shop next to the entrance).
it is not recommended to use multiple exposure to capture shots for paranomic.

Tips :
1. use 1 exposure. Average up all the exposures.
2. take when the weather is not so bright. So take in the morning or evening time.

as for f values , I would recommend to go for aperture that give the sharpest quality which usually is f8.

denniskee said:
Does that means that using the polarizer will not help?
A polariser filter will help to cut down the reflection and provide constant 1 stop under for all shots .. it will not not help in balance the exposure for all shots

A polariser will make it harder to blend the different images together as the amount of polarised light removed will change as you pan the camera. It will therefore be difficult to have a "smooth" sky.

linse said:
A polariser will make it harder to blend the different images together as the amount of polarised light removed will change as you pan the camera. It will therefore be difficult to have a "smooth" sky.

This is a useful tip... never thought of that....

Status
Not open for further replies.