Panoramic View

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirtyone

Dec 13, 2008
Hi everyone, I wonder what lens photographers use to take panoramic photos? (those landscape kind of photos). I'm currently using a 450D.. Does Sigma 10-20mm or Canon Efs 10-22mm does the job? Or any other recommended lens for a good wide angle shot? ;)

Thanks..

There are dedicated panoramic cameras that capture pics in pano format, for example Hasselblad's X-Pan and Fuji's GX617, but these lie out of most ppl's budget at the $4k region.. otherwise, the 10-22 does the job quite well or you could consider Tamron's 11-16 as well but you lose out 1mm of wideness which does count in ultra-wide range.. also its not all about the lens or body, you'll need to have the proper techniques if you wanna stitch your photos into a pano..

or you can just crop up and down...

The SONY DSC-HX1 have a Sweep Panorama Mode for taking such pictures.

There are dedicated panoramic cameras that capture pics in pano format, for example Hasselblad's X-Pan and Fuji's GX617, but these lie out of most ppl's budget at the $4k region.. otherwise, the 10-22 does the job quite well or you could consider Tamron's 11-16 as well but you lose out 1mm of wideness which does count in ultra-wide range.. also its not all about the lens or body, you'll need to have the proper techniques if you wanna stitch your photos into a pano..

hmm ok, can I say that.. if I were to get either the 10-22 or Tamron 11-16, I will have to self edit the photos to panoramic size? :)

Thanks

You can either stitch multiple photos or just take with the widest angle that your lens allow and crop off the top and bottom. :)

I would recommend the former as it can be easily done with tripod, manual focus and photoshop (including elements).

Status
Not open for further replies.