Panoramic view of Marina

CrossOver

Aug 21, 2008
My school assignment of taking a panoramic night shoot.. 10 photos each to be stitched.. Tried a few shots with different location point and angle.. The shots must be 180 degrees from left to right or vice versa..

2ndlastshot.jpg

Esplanade3.jpg

Merlioncompressed.jpg

Lastshotwithoutcopyright.jpg

Last edited:
The Flyer in pic#1 slanted badly.

The Flyer in pic#1 slanted badly.

yeah.. its very obvious especially when zoom.. hence i will not use it for my submission.. hehe..

dun u feel that #2 is imbalanced? your esplanade look so huge until the building got chopped off. like wise for other buildings.

only your last photo is passable compared to the rest.

dun u feel that #2 is imbalanced? your esplanade look so huge until the building got chopped off. like wise for other buildings.

only your last photo is passable compared to the rest.

yeah.. thought so too.. i tried to get everything in, but constraint by the other remaining shots.. there will be blank spaces above and below the pic.. luckily i jump around for different shooting spots..

yeah.. thought so too.. i tried to get everything in, but constraint by the other remaining shots.. there will be blank spaces above and below the pic.. luckily i jump around for different shooting spots..

an easy way is to use a tripod that allows u to do pan shoots, then u just turn left Point A to last Point. fire 10 shots and stitch. that way, your horizon definitely straight. u just need to ensure enough space for the sky and buildings dun chop off.

an easy way is to use a tripod that allows u to do pan shoots, then u just turn left Point A to last Point. fire 10 shots and stitch. that way, your horizon definitely straight. u just need to ensure enough space for the sky and buildings dun chop off.

yeah i did use a tripod.. just that the mistake is as you mentioned.. i did not leave any space for the sky and buildings for the first 3 shot.. haha.. i thought the last shot would not make it but turn out to be the better among the lot.. i need to do another interior panoramic.. will update here as well once im done with that..

Take night shot during blue hour. The Black sky is not nice.
Take the photos with more than 25% overlap
When stitching Panorama crop both the sides of the photos and stitch. There will be less distortion and vignetting.

Check my Panorama here
Uniquely Singapore | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Used only 1.5 shots :)

last one has the most potential, but its just too dark.

Take night shot during blue hour. The Black sky is not nice.
Take the photos with more than 25% overlap
When stitching Panorama crop both the sides of the photos and stitch. There will be less distortion and vignetting.

Check my Panorama here
Uniquely Singapore | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Used only 1.5 shots :)

wow thats nice! what time roughly is that..?

wow thats nice! what time roughly is that..?

blue hour usually happens from 7pm - 725pm, but there is no fix timing (must see boss up there). so suggest u start standby at 645pm, u can see the bluish of the sky color once blue hour approaches.

Nice pano :)
but a little underexposed.
Maybe you can set longer time?

1- bad distortion
2/3 -ur main subject kena chop badly

4- passable, but it seems very very dark to me.

*dont be so greedy to include everything in ur Pano. A good Pano is where you're able to express the vast scenic environment within control without sacrifying ur main subject.

blue hour usually happens from 7pm - 725pm, but there is no fix timing (must see boss up there). so suggest u start standby at 645pm, u can see the bluish of the sky color once blue hour approaches.
thanks man.. i went around that timing.. spot on.. the blue hour is indeed nice!! hopefully it count as night shot.. i will upload it below..

Nice pano :)
but a little underexposed.
Maybe you can set longer time?
i used 15sec for that one.. the next new shots during the blue hour i am using 30sec exposure.. check it out below..

1- bad distortion
2/3 -ur main subject kena chop badly

4- passable, but it seems very very dark to me.

*dont be so greedy to include everything in ur Pano. A good Pano is where you're able to express the vast scenic environment within control without sacrifying ur main subject.
oops.. i think i missed out one more criteria of my school assignment.. it has to be 10 shots 180 degrees from left to right.. will update my first post..

here is the new panoramic shot taken during the blue hour as advised by Lijeshk and sinned79..

EDSC_3821-23-25-28-31_Panorama_Final_Crop.jpg

here is the interior panoramic shot..

Fullsweeprawcrop.jpg