Panoramic View @ Faber Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanbingjie

Dec 3, 2009
Panoramic View @ Faber Point

Paranoma.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?

I have patch up and enhance the contrast of the photo

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

I want to show a nice panoramic view of the cityscape architecture @ the top of faber point.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

Out with some friends chilli out @ faber point and happen to come across the beautiful architecture cityscape and decided to captuer the moment in a panoramic pespective

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

The picture can be better in terms of compositions and color.

I welcome all feedbacks as i am still new in photography. Thanks

frankly speaking, i cant really appreciate this photo, not because of the way you took it, but just because it looks very small on my screen.

There is something called aspect ratio.

you'll need to understand this to be able to present your pic. Doesnt mean 360deg with so many exposure combined means it a good view coz our monitors generally are not of this aspect ratio. Even if you can zoom in it'll be too much of a hassle to view retracts the viewer's experience.

1. picture too small
2. Right hand side of the picture, what is that dark patch? cos pic too small i find it very distracting, perhaps you may wish to crop it away.

Its a good effort, the stitching looks good (at this size anyway) and there are no distortion problems.

But I think when it comes to panos, the aim is not to just have as wide as view as possible. In fact yours looks way too wide for my liking.

The green patch on the right is very distracting, ditto for the left, crop closer.

I don't find the random HDB buildings very interesting, perhaps a pano of the section containing the CBD area (? not sure if its even that, basically those high rise in the background) might be better.

On closer inspection, you can see alot of colour shfits in the sky as well indicating where the photo was stitched.

Thanks for the comments....

i wanted to make it larger but im afraid it wouldnt fit in the post....

I will tighten my pictures next time around ....

The black patch is the trees that are block the view

gd effort in panoing...but this is clearly a case where less is better.

The horizon is slanted.

TS - very good effort in your stitching! almost no distortions. important thing is to have a good foundation. content can be easily replaced but skills cannot be picked up just like that.

one quick comment - i can see the difference in contrast at each stitching point especially on the right side where the sky is. so you may want to work on that to smooth it.

sometimes less is more, there's nothing here that my eyes can be taken into..

it also looks imbalanced, i find the background CBD more interesting but it's been dominated by the foreground.

I think if its printed out and displayed in your living room, it would look more interesting. But, many of the buildings are cut off at the bottom. There aren't any human beings in the picture, so it might not be interesting afterall. One last point - I can see many vertical lines in the sky. Liely to be an artifact of the stitiching.

i congratulate you on the efforts on the documentation. But I failed to see a focus to the final picture taken, and I doubt it will be easy to do a proper composition of such a long panorama, unless there are various interesting points on the entire frame or the long expanse serves to bring out a particular subject. I usually limit myself to no more than 2 frame widths stitched because it becomes increasingly difficult for the audience to lock focus.

The ? shadowed tree on the right is abit distracting.

ryan

You will need to look out for the tilted horizon for pano shots as it is very important to do it right when you are taking it. If you correct the horizon in photoshop, alot of the details will be removed. As what other members have said, the bushes on the right is abit distracting and blocks off the view. On close observation, I can see the dividing lines of the sky where the pictures are stitched. You can try to smooth them out in photoshop but the best is to do it right when you are taking the photo.

Overall, its a good effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.