Panoramic Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like it.

Neither. Just do not like some of his pics. :)

Originally posted by ckiang

Why? Don't like street photography or don't like panoramics? :)

Regards
CK

the hasselblad xpan? i love the camera.. love what the camera would allow me to do..

sure.. the colours were great.. but the pics came across that he/she did a meter reading and snapped.. without really looking through the viewfinder.. it's almost it was done with a PnS APS camera set to panorama mode..

*sigh** i want that camera..

Originally posted by jar0n
the hasselblad xpan? i love the camera.. love what the camera would allow me to do..

sure.. the colours were great.. but the pics came across that he/she did a meter reading and snapped.. without really looking through the viewfinder.. it's almost it was done with a PnS APS camera set to panorama mode..

*sigh** i want that camera..

heh.. TCW got one of it

hmmm got to admit i feel that there are quite a few pics in there tt seem like just snapshots (or even spy shots :D )...
or are they actualli well thought thru pics that are made to look like snaps?

:dunno:

I still dunno how to appreciate these kind of shots leh. :dunno: Really looks alot like lomography done using an expensive panoramic camera. But its jus my personal view only lah. Might be really good to others, guess its really subjective. :)

Interesting but may not protray his intention that distinctly...

some of the shots were taken in an abstract art manner that we may have miss the entire meaning of the shots

I only liked a few composition wise. Most of the compositions do not really suit the panoramic format well, in my opinion. Especially for the pictures where the framing is tilted. For example, the one with the coconut tress (Pulau Ubin, 2001). Why use a panoramic format when the left and right sides are going to be so dark? And the tilting really does not work for me in this picture.

What about distracting foreground and background objects?
For "Chinese Garden", I am sure if some CS member post something like that here, he will be bombarded by the rest for putting the tree trunk in the middle of the frame for no apparent reason.

Also quite annoyed by his tendency to chop of part of people's heads or facces. When doing head & shoulder shots or facial closeups, where the focus in on the person's face, it is sometimes OK to exclude part of the head (and sometimes chin). But for full body pictures, it just looks like sloppy framing to me.

Colour wise, a lot of the shots look like poor WB and levels control to me.

Just my opinion. I could have missed the meaning behind the abstract composition entirely, since I have never been a fan of abstract photography. Not meant as an attack on ckiang or anyone here. Please don't take offence.

- Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.