Panoramic Camera Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

malabar290

Sep 11, 2003
East Coast
Visit site
I'm looking for a fairly decent camera that can take panoramic shots. Maybe > 4 megapix. Anybody has good experience with one and would like to share? Thks!

malabar290 said:
I'm looking for a fairly decent camera that can take panoramic shots. Maybe > 4 megapix. Anybody has good experience with one and would like to share? Thks!

There's a few things a camera needs for panaoramic shots: (1) manual focusing; (2) manual controls. Hence, any prosumer camera models or dslr could take fairly decent panoramic shots. However, you would need to spend some time, sit down in front of the PC and stitch it up via PS.

i'm using a canon a70 [3.2MP]

it has a panoramic mode on its dial

u will see the previous shot taken on screen and u just need to overlap it with your next one

software that comes with the camera automatically stitches the whole lot

if u want 4MP, then look at canon a80

I use an old canon powershot G2.

It's not so difficult... ensuring consistent exposure, keeping lens angle same....
take a series of shots. The canon digicams come incl. w/ software for you to stitch photos toghether to use as panos. If you want samples, pm me and give me your email address.

The pano stitching software is also available free off the net.

Never thought of using the stitching software before this. Saved me from spending more $$ so thanks all :sweatsm: Will try it out on my 300D

Status
Not open for further replies.