Panorama stitching software

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think this has been asked before.

the cheapest and almost fool-proof software is the free canon photostitch dat comes with canon cameras. if your frens have the disc, just borrow from them. u can download the updater from canon.sg. i find this a better option than CS3/4 photomerge which does not allow you to re-arrange the order of the pics, once you batch selection the pics... for some strange reason which i've yet to figure out why...

panorama factory?

i think this has been asked before.

....CS3/4 photomerge which does not allow you to re-arrange the order of the pics, once you batch selection the pics.....

CS3 DOES allow re-arrange the order of the pics!
Just choose "Interactive Layout" from the Photomerge dialogue box.

So far I think PS CS3 can do quite a good job for u IF your pictures are more precisely taken.
IMHO, CS3 is better then Canon panorama stitching software.

Just to share with u all the following picture that I have recently redo the pano stitching using CS3.

Pic 1:
Taken in 2002, in Japan, using Canon Ixus(2 MP, 2002 model), handheld, 10 files to stitch into 1.

Pano_Kamakura1.jpg

Pic2:
Taken in 2008, Gernmany, Nikon D3, 14-24mm @14mm, handheld, 3 files into 1.

Pano_Cologne1.jpg

If you are using the GIMP you can try the pandora panorama stitching script. Otherwise I suggest trying hugin. It's excellent! :)

ah... thanks for clearing dat up. i use auto. no wonder...:p

for me, when it DOES work, yeah, CS3/4 (i'm using both...still twiddling my thumbs waiting for adobe SG to send me the upgrade pack for windoze) is better than canon. but for sheer simplicity of getting things done, canon works for me. :)

For something really simple, try this: http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html

Just set the basic settings, load your photos, and wait.

It works really well!

Hugin (http://hugin.sf.net) is open source and works on linux and windows.

Thanks, I going to try in out.

So far I think PS CS3 can do quite a good job for u IF your pictures are more precisely taken.
IMHO, CS3 is better then Canon panorama stitching software.

Just to share with u all the following picture that I have recently redo the pano stitching using CS3.

Pic 1:
Taken in 2002, in Japan, using Canon Ixus(2 MP, 2002 model), handheld, 10 files to stitch into 1.

Pano_Kamakura1.jpg

Pic2:
Taken in 2008, Gernmany, Nikon D3, 14-24mm @14mm, handheld, 3 files into 1.

Pano_Cologne1.jpg

Unfortunately, I am using CS2. ;(

Hello,

I have tried PTGui, but, I can't afford it. It's $165! Can someone recommend me a free panorama stitching software?

Thanks.

That's only a personal license, for pro license, it is double that price and there's a difference for pro. Difference - http://www.ptgui.com/features.html

tone mapper and HDR is a must have after you have tried out the pro version.

I have two that I've used and I'd like to recommend:

Hugin and AutoPano Pro

I'm currently using Hugin as a) I'm on linux - no photoshop only gimp! b) it's open source and c) has many mapping options

My main complaint about Hugin is, when compared to Auto Pano, is that it is not as intuitive when you need to correct for verticals. But when you get the hang of it it's fine. APP just has a much better way of describing verticals. But then again, APP only has 3 mapping options when I tried it, Hugin has at least 10, so.....

AutoPano Pro is not free or open source but its is not as expensive as say, photoshop? I think it's like 99EU? However, Hugin does a large part of what I need for my panos, so until I really need some features from APP I'll be using Hugin.

One aspect I like about APP is the ability to align bracketed pano shots, and export them as individual brackets after which you can do tone mapping in your favourite hdri software.

Here's a few samples using hugin I've put online:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=88833&l=737c9&id=685481367

Been printing them 6x18ins, and still haven't figured out where to get custom sized frames lol.

My process for panos are:

-d/l raws to hdd
- use bibble to set white balance, noise ninja for high iso shots and lens correction
- stitch in hugin
- gimp to correct flaws in stitching
- back to bibble for final processing

beehive - i was re-doing some of my files again and i can't find this 'interactive layout' among the photomerge selection in CS4. do i have to activate something b4 this selection is available? :dunno:

Windows Live Photo Gallery can also be used. Free for download.

Status
Not open for further replies.