Panning Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShyanL

Sep 10, 2008
www.ishootwhatisee.blogspot.com
Hey Seniors,

Just wanna discuss how to take a good panning shot?

I guess from the webbie, the correct shutter speeds for the subject, the smooth panning, and I guess fast lens helps too. But I am just curious does a camera with higher fps helps at all? Or all it does, is just increases the chance of getting a good shot out of many shots?

many thanks.

Shy

dun see how fast lens and higher fps helps with panning..

a correctly chosen shutter speed with smooth panning (with the help of a pan-tilt tripod) will be useful.. and of course.. practice to sharpen the judgement on moving objects and how they traverse along the camera plane..

dun see how fast lens and higher fps helps with panning..

a correctly chosen shutter speed with smooth panning (with the help of a pan-tilt tripod) will be useful.. and of course.. practice to sharpen the judgement on moving objects and how they traverse along the camera plane..

Maybe TS is refering to a fast focusing lens?
When panning fast moving subjects, aperture size is not so important, but having a fast focusing lens helps tremendously.

Higher fps won't neccessarily give you good shots when panning, but it increases your chance of getting a good hit. Plus you get more shots from a similar angle.

Most importantly, it is down to shutter speed and moving arms. Not too fast, not too slow. Around 1/15s - 1/60s can be used. Practice is key.

yes... technique is the key, so juz keep practicing.. even manual focus can...

for example, i took 2000 shots.. yes.. 2000!! during the F1 weekend, juz to get abt wat, 300 acceptable photos? or maybe 50 quite ok ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.