Panasonic to produce 4/3 DSLR!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is good news indeed. It's good to have a choice. Currently Oly is the only 4/3 DSLR mfgr. Who knows, maybe next year Sigma will step in with a foveon 4/3 DSLR. That would be really cool. And (hopefully) no compatibility problems between lenses and bodies since it is a published standard.

time for panasonic to produce 4/3 compatible OIS lenses!

Good to see some open standard in camera industry, finally....
Hopefully more companies will support 4/3.

Imagine having the 4/3 mount of lens FZ-20 on a E-1 , Leica 35 - 420mm F2.8 IS :bigeyes:

bariq said:
Atleast this will push sigma to convert their existing lenses to 4/3 mount.... really waiting for some quality primes from them :)

me too, hopefully, they can produce their 150mm macro in 4/3 mount. :bsmilie:

i wud prefer the real Leica from Germany to the Matsushita license ones. ;p the optical quality is just not the same. i m hoping other brands that can't defeat the 2 titans will join hands in this 4/3 standard. only then will we see 'open source' equipment where u can mix & match according to your budget & needs. :sweatsm: i can imagine Leica, Sony, Sharp, Hitachi, Pentax, Kodak, Fujinon & Contax having their unique 4/3 stuffs.

nightpiper said:
me too, hopefully, they can produce their 150mm macro in 4/3 mount. :bsmilie:

i wud prefer the real Leica from Germany to the Matsushita license ones. ;p the optical quality is just not the same. i m hoping other brands that can't defeat the 2 titans will join hands in this 4/3 standard. only then will we see 'open source' equipment where u can mix & match according to your budget & needs. :sweatsm: i can imagine Leica, Sony, Sharp, Hitachi, Pentax, Kodak, Fujinon & Contax having their unique 4/3 stuffs.

Lieca :sweat: glass more expensive than oly stuff leh... I agree with mix n match where we will have wider range of lenses and bodies to choose from.... :thumbsup:

Hope that Matsushita will release more advance OEM MircoController Chip and better CCD/CMOS. If noise can be reduce by Processor chip, it is much better for Panasonic release this better chip which can out-preformed Digic 2... ;p

So we will see what "maketing sategry" does this Panasonic had to offer liao.. :thumbsup:

nightpiper said:
No all Leica lens made for Panasonic digicam are inferior to Leica Germany lenses. The Leica DC Vario-Summicron f/2.0-2.4 lens used in the Panasonic DMX-LC1 and Leica Digilux 2 is super-sharp and can run rings around the Leica DC Vario-Elmarit lenses used in the other Panasonic digicams. I bought the LC1 earlier on as a light travelling camera in place of a DSLR. Now that I have the E-300, I still can't bring myself to sell off the LC1 because of its unique design and fantastic picture quality.

Hang on - is this some kinda april's fool joke or is this for real?

magicdragon said:
Hang on - is this some kinda april's fool joke or is this for real?

....You will only know by 1/4/2006? :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

So how about:

Oly Color + Oly Body Construct + Oly Ulrasonic Dust Filter + Oly Lens + Kodah CCD + Panasonic OIS + Panasonic Processor + Panasonic Mass Production Price?

Cannot sleep :)

nah... dun think its an apr fool's joke. makes a lot of sense to me. :)

anyway, Matsushita has annouced that they have a new sensor with very low noise some time back already. i guess they really mean business. can't wait for their first product. :sweat:

thx tomcat for the info on LC1, i didn't know the lens is that good. :) i find those licensed leica has too much CA, so didn't really think highly of them, just like the contax found in sony. well, looks like panasonic has a whole bag of tricks up the sleeve. :bsmilie:

also look at this piece of news:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0504/05040102matshushita_dslr.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.