Panasonic SDR S150

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreaming

Oct 22, 2006
Panasonic SDR S150

Have anybody try this? recording in sdhc card, DVD quality, 50 minutes in 4GB card.

with optical stabilizer , 3CCD, S$900

Any comments.

SDR H250 is hard disk recorder..

:)

It's not a new product, only capable of taking SD movies. The first version that came out was the SDR100 followed by this. The difference between the 2 is the sdhc support, of which is only capable on the SDR150, and the way in which the mic is embedded in the later version. The form factor is the greatest asset of this camcorder. In bright light, you will get sharp images, but it tends to get grainy in low light conditions. The DVD quality is only present in the MPEG2 format, but not the quality like that you see in DVD movies.

It's not a new product, only capable of taking SD movies. The first version that came out was the SDR100 followed by this. The difference between the 2 is the sdhc support, of which is only capable on the SDR150, and the way in which the mic is embedded in the later version. The form factor is the greatest asset of this camcorder. In bright light, you will get sharp images, but it tends to get grainy in low light conditions. The DVD quality is only present in the MPEG2 format, but not the quality like that you see in DVD movies.

In term of Video quality between TX1 and SDR-S150, which would give better quality in normal and low lights?

In term of Video quality between TX1 and SDR-S150, which would give better quality in normal and low lights?
most probably SDR-S150... if not why do people still want to spent extra $ on a heavier, more expensive video cam when a compact digicam can get better quality... :dunno: :bsmilie:

most probably SDR-S150... if not why do people still want to spent extra $ on a heavier, more expensive video cam when a compact digicam can get better quality... :dunno: :bsmilie:

SDR150 with reasonable Optical stabiliser, autofoucus, night scence quality , although in Standard TV resolution. Conveniently viewed on Computer.

How about the Panasonic SHR250, Hybrid recording (harddisk & SDHC card)
Can anybody help to comments on SHR250? Thanks a lot. :)

TOO bad that HV10 are recording in Tape. Can only record continuously. need to rewind to review!

The specifications should not be too far off from the SDR-S150. While the main difference is obviously in the hard drive, the manner in which you would hold both cams are really different, and the SDR-S150 is meant to the more portable version of the two. I have tried the SDR-S100 a while ago and I felt that image quality for a SD camcorder to be alright, far better than the JVCs, but the old Sony 1/3" CCDs beats everything else in terms of colours and low light capability for consumer use.

Going to get one video cam for sibling oversea trip (2 weeks )

A cam that is easily used without any learning time.

shall i get a cam that cover the full 2 weeks for her or get external harddisk to backup?

shall i get the harddisk Panasonic SHR250 or card type Panasonic sdr150?

does anybody have other recommendation?

THanks for your help.

:D

If you use SDHC cards, what backup device will you use that accepts SDHC cards? Another consideration is that 4GB SDHC Class 4 cards are relatively cheap, maybe in the region of $65 to $85. How will the camcorder be carried around? What kind of place is this?

If you use SDHC cards, what backup device will you use that accepts SDHC cards? Another consideration is that 4GB SDHC Class 4 cards are relatively cheap, maybe in the region of $65 to $85. How will the camcorder be carried around? What kind of place is this?

Might consider buying 2 to 3 SDHC card (approximately 12GB of storage). so no need to spend on backup unit. do you have any backup model (creative Zen Vision) in mind?

Anyway, those ladies won't bother to backup those data. They are too lazy to waste time on this backing up.. ;p

Probably in a handbag and shoot anywhere... :bsmilie:

Thanks so much

Is 4GB SD or SDHC card available in SG? :confused:

I read the review of of TX1, it seems it performs well in both still and video - and its capable of support HD.
Like you, I am sceptical that TX1 can be better than S150, it does not make sense that S150 more expensive than TX1 but TX1 better than S150.

Anyone tested TX1 and feedback if the quality is viewable on TV? How about S150? Anyone can put a video online for comparison.

Is 4GB SD or SDHC card available in SG? :confused:

SDHC cards, NOT SD cards. This is where the problem crops up. I have the Zen Vision W to backup my camera shots via the CF card adpater, but there does not seem to be any SDHC to CF adpater around. Also, I am not even sure if the ZVW can read SDHC cards.

I read the review of of TX1, it seems it performs well in both still and video - and its capable of support HD.
Like you, I am sceptical that TX1 can be better than S150, it does not make sense that S150 more expensive than TX1 but TX1 better than S150.

Anyone tested TX1 and feedback if the quality is viewable on TV? How about S150? Anyone can put a video online for comparison.

The TX1 is outright junk compared to the SDR-S150 for taking videos. In fact, the TX-1 is junk, it is nether good at taking photos nor videos. There are many videocams out there that are better than both, but relatively speaking, the SDR-S150 will beat the pants off the TX-1.

The TX1 is outright junk compared to the SDR-S150 for taking videos. In fact, the TX-1 is junk, it is nether good at taking photos nor videos. There are many videocams out there that are better than both, but relatively speaking, the SDR-S150 will beat the pants off the TX-1.

http://www.ideaphotos.com/Panasonic/SDR-S150.html

I looked at the video on the above URL, if S150 is going to give such quality above, I doubt I would consider it. Is that the quality I should expect from S150 or the user didnt do it correctly or S150 was framed - it was another camcorder?!? :)

tried a A/B comparison test on SDR H250 and JVC GZ-MG505.

Prefer JVC GZ-MG505 (sharper, clearer, low light ok, ZERO LUX, etc ) though it is few hundred dollars more. JVC GZ-MG505 are more designed for video taking.

Hence, brought the JVC GZ-MG505 home & now charging.

Big Thanks to you all.

learn from salesman:

OIS of panasonic SDR S150, H250 are only in camera mode. For Video mode, there is no OIS. SDR S150, H250 are more meant for camera. Video taking are just a additional features. blah blah... :confused:

http://www.ideaphotos.com/Panasonic/SDR-S150.html

I looked at the video on the above URL, if S150 is going to give such quality above, I doubt I would consider it. Is that the quality I should expect from S150 or the user didnt do it correctly or S150 was framed - it was another camcorder?!? :)

The video was from another camcorder as mentioned in the website AND for heaven's sake don't use you tube videos to judge quality. :bsmilie:

The video was from another camcorder as mentioned in the website AND for heaven's sake don't use you tube videos to judge quality. :bsmilie:

Thanke mate for the advice. Anyway, I called alan photo, they are selling at $855 now.
Lastly, does S150 support feature like fade..etc for ending a video or changing to another scene?

tried a A/B comparison test on SDR H250 and JVC GZ-MG505.

Prefer JVC GZ-MG505 (sharper, clearer, low light ok, ZERO LUX, etc ) though it is few hundred dollars more. JVC GZ-MG505 are more designed for video taking.

Hence, brought the JVC GZ-MG505 home & now charging.

Big Thanks to you all.

learn from salesman:

OIS of panasonic SDR S150, H250 are only in camera mode. For Video mode, there is no OIS. SDR S150, H250 are more meant for camera. Video taking are just a additional features. blah blah... :confused:
suspected about the OIS thingy... it could easily kill your batt unless you are on AC. :bsmilie:
thats is if it is possible for video mode..

learn from salesman:

No OIS in video mode?!? Its hard to imagine a consumer video cam that doesn't do some kind of IS these days let alone one with OIS but doesn't work in video mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.