Panasonic Press Release for 45-175mm/F4.0-5.6 lens

ed9119

Staff member
Mar 11, 2002
Singapore
www.walkeast.com
Panasonic Press Release for 45-175mm/F4.0-5.6 lens

SINGAPORE, 26 AUGUST 2011 -

Panasonic is proud to unveil a new cutting-edge interchangeable lens the LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 45-175mm/F4.0-5.6 ASPH./POWER O.I.S. (H-PS45175) with electric-powered zoom operation from the new premium lens brand “X” for LUMIX G Micro System, complying with the Micro Four Thirds System standard.

Crystallizing Panasonic's optical technologies, the “X” lens features superb image rendering for life-like textures, crisp edge-to-edge contrast, a unique Nano Surface Coating for minimal ghosts and flaring and natural atmospheres with remarkable transparency.

The industry’s first adoption of Multi-Actuator Floating Inner Focus System* which controls 3 lens groups separately by the individual actuator achieves a downsizing in both size and weight. It also achieves a high descriptive performance for resolution and contrast at entire zoom range 45-175mm (35mm camera equivalent: 90-350mm) without changing the overall length.

Although the LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 45-175mm/F4.0-5.6 ASPH./POWER O.I.S. covers a long zoom range from standard to telephoto, it boasts an outstanding compactness with approx. 90.0 mm in length and approx. 210g in weight for ultra-high mobility. Notably, the astonishingly short overall length is made possible with the inclusion of 2 aspherical lenses. The zoom lever allows stable zooming with ease even when shooting a moving subject.

The new LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 45-175mm/F4.0-5.6 ASPH./POWER O.I.S. lens offers a versatile zoom range of 45-175 mm (35 mm camera equivalent: 90-350 mm). High levels of contrast and resolution are assured for images shot at its wide-end, making it suitable for portrait-taking. In addition, subjects that are a distance away, such as sports or wildlife animals, can be captured sharply even at tele-end.

The lens system features the inclusion of 2 ED lenses which suppress chromatic aberration, contributing to a high descriptive performance within an entire zoom range.

In addition, Panasonic's Nano Surface Coating technology minimizes the amount of reflection that is experienced within the entire visual light range (380nm-780nm) by applying the extra-low refractive index coating with nano-sized structure on the surface of the lens. This results in a super clear picture with a dramatic reduction of ghost and flare.

The POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) which is newly integrated in the LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 45-175mm/F4.0-5.6 ASPH./POWER O.I.S. makes it easy to shoot super clear shots even in low-lit situations, such as night time or indoors. With the improved sensitivity of the gyro sensor that boasts up to 2x more effective stabilization**, the new POWER O.I.S. suppresses large, slow movements while small, fast movements are compensated by the conventional MEGA O.I.S.

When mounted on the cameras of the LUMIX G Micro System, users can take advantage of the contrast AF system and the convenient functions that comes with the camera. Adopting an inner focus system driven by a stepping motor, the superior optical design delivers outstanding smoothness to support the Light Speed AF of approx. 0.15 second***. By increasing the speed of the aperture control, shutter time lag is also shortened by approx. 20% compared with the LUMIX G VARIO 45-200mm /F4.0-5.6/MEGA O.I.S..****

Seven aperture blades with a circular aperture diaphragm produce an attractive smoothness in out-of-focus areas even when shooting at a large aperture.

The new LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 45-175mm/F4.0-5.6 ASPH./POWER O.I.S. will be available in two colors, black and silver, with the date of availability and pricing to be announced at a later date.

*For a digital interchangeable zoom lens as of August 26, 2011.
**Compared with the conventional MEGA O.I.S..
***The time for focusing on the subject is measured with the DMC-GF3 to move the lens position to "2m" from "infinity" position at wide-end.
The firmware of the GF3 must be updated to Ver.1.1 or later. Panasonic measurement method.
****Measured with DMC-GF3. The time required to start exposure after the shutter button is fully pressed after the lens position is moved
from “infinity” to “2m” at wide-end. The firmware of the GF3 must be updated to Ver.1.1 or later. Panasonic measurement method.
•Four Thirds™ and Micro Four Thirds™, and Four Thirds and Micro Four Thirds Logo marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of
Olympus Imaging Corporation, in Japan, the United States, the European Union and other countries.

pana.jpg

Wow! This really makes me not want to buy the 14-140 mm. Probably will wait and buy the the GF3X (estimated USD750) that comes with the other new X lens, 14-42mm. The 45-175mm has an estimated USD450 price tag. Prices from dpreview.com and amazon.