audiorook

Jul 19, 2004
Yong Kang
Looking at the following:

Panasonic FZ-50
Fujifilm S9600

Any views / reviews comparing both?

Which would you choose?

Will be using it for travel photography and taking pix of my kids, so would need one with good response time and short shutter lag.

S9600
high ISO low noise! good for freezing those running kids action.

Fujifilm S9600 has 28mm wide angle lens.

:think: probably the fuji... for the 28mm, else pana...

when I use my f31, i always have to bump up the ISO a lot due to the lack of IS (especially at the tele end). so imho the low noise doesn't really help that much since you will end up at ISO800 or even 1600 a lot. :S

he's gonna be shooting kids. I would prefer a "noisy" shot from ISO1600 at least I can see the face frozen in a frame than a sharp and "low-noise" ISO200 with OIS and having my kid's face motion blur-slurred across the frame beyond recognition on a sharp background.

I print my F11's ISO1600 outputs on 4R and i don't see any "noise" at all.

he's gonna be shooting kids. I would prefer a "noisy" shot from ISO1600 at least I can see the face frozen in a frame than a sharp and "low-noise" ISO200 with OIS and having my kid's face motion blur-slurred across the frame beyond recognition on a sharp background.

I print my F11's ISO1600 outputs on 4R and i don't see any "noise" at all.

How about the OIS in the Panasonic? Wonder if that would help since my wife will also be handling the camera a fair bit... (honestly, we are looking at a prosumer cam so that I need not always be behind the DSLR and end up only with pix of everyone except myself)

How about the OIS in the Panasonic? Wonder if that would help since my wife will also be handling the camera a fair bit... (honestly, we are looking at a prosumer cam so that I need not always be behind the DSLR and end up only with pix of everyone except myself)
for faster action, probably the fuji will be a better one, another option would also be the d40. ;)

fuji S6500fd could be a good choice rather than S9600 since is F30 sensor on 6 MP.
but pana FZ50 burst mode and AF speed performance would be better than fuji.

i'd say the fujifilm.

unless you're doing more outdoor shots.

How about the OIS in the Panasonic?

OIS can cure handshake but not motion blur. Low noise at high ISO is the way to go. I would suggest Fuji 6500 or D40. The latter much more responsive thought more expensive.

OIS can cure handshake but not motion blur. Low noise at high ISO is the way to go. I would suggest Fuji 6500 or D40. The latter much more responsive thought more expensive.

Thanks. I have the D100 already. We are actually looking for a more 'portable' solution for family outings etc etc.

Thanks. I have the D100 already. We are actually looking for a more 'portable' solution for family outings etc etc.

PORTABLE? both aren't something portable in my dictionary :think:
comparing those 2 cameras with your D100, not much difference, might as well carry your D100.
how about something much more compact?

comparing those 2 cameras with your D100, not much difference, might as well carry your D100.

like a F30. :) or its successors.

How about shutter lag and response rate? not easy to grab spontaneous shots of kids with the compacts.

Come and Join the FZ-50 Family !!!! :)

Hohoho... Both are good, but depends on what are you shooting. Seems like you said family, then more outdoor shooting? If so, go for FZ-50 :)

Both are good camera, but as a FZ-50 user, I will always support the "HOME" side :)

FZ50, if you wanna shoot tele and your hands are shaky

Come and Join the FZ-50 Family !!!! :)

Hohoho... Both are good, but depends on what are you shooting. Seems like you said family, then more outdoor shooting? If so, go for FZ-50 :)

Both are good camera, but as a FZ-50 user, I will always support the "HOME" side :)

Actually, a fair bit of outdoor and indoor. Also, for travel.

Looking at the following:

Panasonic FZ-50
Fujifilm S9600

Any views / reviews comparing both?

Which would you choose?

Will be using it for travel photography and taking pix of my kids, so would need one with good response time and short shutter lag.

I prefer Fujifilm colour is more vibrant.

Pana is better in most aspect. Is fool proof just like a Toyota. More portable than take a look at the LX-2 from pana. Lots of followers here and more overseas.

Money is your spent it wisely

Cheerio

Status
Not open for further replies.