Panasonic LX3 & TZ7, Canon S90 & SX200 IS

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicgray

Dec 11, 2009
Man... the more research I do, the harder I can make my decision.

Drawback of each camera:

Panasonic LX3 - Poor optical zoom, standard movie recording
Panasonic TZ7 - Standard picture output, non-full manual (can someone confirmed?)
Canon S90 - Poor movie recording, not as versatile as Panasonic LX3
Canon SX200 IS - Standard picture output

First time buyer. But it's already killing me to make decision. Please advise.

Seems like ur searching for a video camera instead. :D

lol... er... first time buying camera, so I am a little want a full feature lar...

Anyway, i am willing to sacrifice the video recording. So now it's down to LX3 and S90. Wondering what's the price for S90.

lol... er... first time buying camera, so I am a little want a full feature lar...

Anyway, i am willing to sacrifice the video recording. So now it's down to LX3 and S90. Wondering what's the price for S90.
save your money...get an Canon SX20 IS or an Sony HX1 would be my recommendation.

Why Canon SX20IS? I'm also having a dilemma which to choose from cuz in the end I will be getting a DSLR but I want to have a digicam (prosumer/compact) for convenience sake. Imagine lugging a DSLR everywhere you go everyday... faints

i finally set my eyes on Canon S90. Compact and powerful.

Pls get GF-1. Best of both world. Compact size, DSLR capabilities.

I've used LX3 and vouch for it..but in the end, it's your decision

Man... the more research I do, the harder I can make my decision.

Drawback of each camera:

Panasonic LX3 - Poor optical zoom, standard movie recording
Panasonic TZ7 - Standard picture output, non-full manual (can someone confirmed?)
Canon S90 - Poor movie recording, not as versatile as Panasonic LX3
Canon SX200 IS - Standard picture output

First time buyer. But it's already killing me to make decision. Please advise.

FYI the LX3 is NOT poor optical zoom but the range is limited. Usually those with poorer optical zooms are the ultrazooms at the tele end where pics quality does degrade a bit.

I have a friend selling his Canon S90 to buy a LX3. He's not too happy with the Canon.

i would say s90 is more versatile due to the range of the lens than lx3. nonetheless, i got an lx3 and am loving it.

i would say s90 is more versatile due to the range of the lens than lx3. nonetheless, i got an lx3 and am loving it.

In addition S90 has an integrated front filter for the lens as protection. But the LX3 wins in max aperture for the range.

In addition S90 has an integrated front filter for the lens as protection. But the LX3 wins in max aperture for the range.

Aperture range
s90 = F2.0 - F4.9
lx3 = F2.0 - F2.8

im confused... does it mean lx3 wins in the aperture range????

i sold my lx3 and got a S90.

S90 iso performance wins over LX3 anyday, which is an important factor for me.

seriously? I hesitated cos i tot the s90 iso perf will be inferior. esp given that the lens not tat fast in comparison w LX3.

Status
Not open for further replies.