Panasonic LX3 or Fuji F200

Panasonic LX3 or Fujifilm F200

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kikham

Oct 31, 2007
Hi guys,planning to get a compact for my daily usage as i dont wana lug around my D80.Cant seem to decide on which to get.Both seems to produce great IQ.I know the price if abit far apart but lets say both the price are about the same.which will you recommend?

Can we have a poll on which will you get?

Hi guys,planning to get a compact for my daily usage as i dont wana lug around my D80.Cant seem to decide on which to get.Both seems to produce great IQ.I know the price if abit far apart but lets say both the price are about the same.which will you recommend?

Can we have a poll on which will you get?

This is a no-brainer question, if price are about the same everyone will get the LX3

A few friends using LX3 and from the result I have seen, LX3 can rival the result of dSLR (under right condition). I even recommend it to my friends who is looking for a good PNS camera.

Any reason why you are making a choice between LX3 and Fuji F200? I don't think I have seen the result from Fuji F200, so I can't comment on it.

Definitely, LX3

Just did a little search and found a review at DPreview:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilmf200exr/

The link contain some comparison between F200 vs LX3 (and some other camera).

Seems to be another strong contender! :thumbsup:

F200EXR IQ is good, but if the price are the same as per kikham's scenario.. I would definitely get LX3.
I guess most of us will do. I will be surprised if someone will choose Fuji.

F200 is about $150 cheaper. If it's the same, it's a no brainer. LX3 would be the choice.

The F200 has got a more useful zoom range and is slightly easier to use and carry around (no lens cap to fumble with).

But the LX-3 has got a faster lens and is Made-in-Japan (might not matter to some). Overall, the Panasonic feels more "expensive" in the hand - because it is! Build quality is excellent.

My guess is that if you're really going to use it for casual photography and intend to pass it around for family members to use also, the Fujifilm camera might actually be a better choice.

F200 is about $150 cheaper. If it's the same, it's a no brainer. LX3 would be the choice.

The F200 has got a more useful zoom range and is slightly easier to use and carry around (no lens cap to fumble with).

But the LX-3 has got a faster lens and is Made-in-Japan (might not matter to some). Overall, the Panasonic feels more "expensive" in the hand - because it is! Build quality is excellent.

My guess is that if you're really going to use it for casual photography and intend to pass it around for family members to use also, the Fujifilm camera might actually be a better choice.

To be exact, Fuji is $200-$250 cheaper than LX3.

To be exact, Fuji is $200-$250 cheaper than LX3.

Agreed! But LX3 is at least 2 stops faster. ie. LX3 can shoot at ISO400 when Fuji already max at ISO1600...

I support Fuji, but, i pick LX3, 24mm wide angle is hard to achieve by compact :)

After trying both cameras, I have to admit that the LX3 is much better compared to F200. The key features that tilt the balance in favour of LX3 are:
1) LX3 has a much faster lens;
2) LX3 is able to take wider shots;
3) LX3 has better noise control;
4) LX3 is sharper;
5) LX3 can take much better videos.

For compacts, F31fd still reigns supreme in terms of noise control until today. The battery life of F31fd is still unbeatable and F200 only manages slightly more than one-third of the number of 580 photos per charge that the F31fd can achieve. F31fd was the king of compacts for quite some time until the launch of LX3. But, the fast lens and wider shots of the LX3 had found many new fans. Way to go, LX3! The main disdvantage of the LX3 is that it is relatively expensive.

Last edited:
LX3 imo also looks, built better :heart:

Think from the replies so far, I can see for TS, is very simple. If you have the budget, get LX3 lor. If budget low, then get Fuji F200.

In my opinion if you have the budget go for Lx3.. It is also more adaptive, can add on adapter to attach filters. Dont think F200 has tt capability. Correct me if i am wrong.

Cheers!

Disclaimer: I am a Lx3 User

In my opinion if you have the budget go for Lx3.. It is also more adaptive, can add on adapter to attach filters. Dont think F200 has tt capability. Correct me if i am wrong.

Cheers!

Disclaimer: I am a Lx3 User

Yup, you are right.

I had both for about 2 months before sold my F200.

Aiyoh!! If the price is the same, of course pick the LX3.

BTW, I own an LX3 too. Haven't shot a lot yet..... but the f/2.0 is a really bright & fast lens.
Good colours too.

Can anyone from the poll reason out why they voted for F200, considering that both cam are at the same price?

For a compact, F200 is easy to use and delivers good quality pictures. Night portraits with the slow synchro flash turns out really well. The LX3 churns out good pictures but the disappointing zoom range makes its not ideal as an all round compact. My wife wanted something simple and idiot proof to use to get good pictures and comparing the two, the F200 was the better choice.

Oh by the way, if you intend to shoot more people shots, go for the F200EXR.

The LX-3's wide angle lens causes people to appear distorted, especially if you're going to shoot @ the 24mm end. Totally not flattering. I feel the Panasonic is more suited for landscapes in general.

Do consider that LX3 allows shooting in raw. Gives quite a bit of flexibility afterwards. Have you considered Canon G10?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.