Panasonic Lumix Workshop on 4 Oct 08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

Jan 24, 2002
Singapore
8dennis8.fotki.com
Some photos I took during the Panasonic Lumix Workshop at Arab Street on 4 Oct 08.
All photos using Lumix LX3. Any other CS members there ?.
Also not sure who is the lucky guy that win the LX3 is as I did not join the group back.

P1010144c-vi.jpg

P1010153c-vi.jpg

P1010160c-vi.jpg

P1010176c-vi.jpg

P1010180c-vi.jpg

Last edited:
All the same bug that don't fly away.
LX3 on macro mode.
One thing on LX3 macro mode is that the lens extend when on wide and so block the flash.
This limit high shutter speed and small aperture with flash as it will cast a shadow unlike other P&S.

P1010226c-vi.jpg

P1010233c-vi.jpg

P1010239c-vi.jpg

P1010243c-vi.jpg

P1010244c-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Great shots, with no.2 and no.4, you'd have had a good chance of winning the LX3! :thumbsup:

Great shots, with no.2 and no.4, you'd have had a good chance of winning the LX3! :thumbsup:

Haha Thank you milamber I am flattered but those were Post Processed don't believe I am capable of winning anything with those shots. Most important is I enjoy it myself and I already owned a LX3 so no point having another (I only have one neck). Give others a chance to enjoy it like me. Must say so far this is the best 24mm P&S I have compared to others. :)

Hey I was there too! Indeed enjoyed myself and learnt alot from the workshop.

Anyway nice photos Dennis! are u joining the other workshops?

The guy who won the camera was this very quiet man.. his was a picture of a tailor shop, with 3 manequins on the left of the picture, the shop lady in the centre caught in a candid shot, and another 3 manequins on the right of the picture. :)

Very nice macro shots.... ;)

Thanks Anson

Hey I was there too! Indeed enjoyed myself and learnt alot from the workshop.

Anyway nice photos Dennis! are u joining the other workshops?

Thanks and yes that is the single most important thing to do.
Enjoy yourself. Might join but will have to wait for next next round.

The guy who won the camera was this very quiet man.. his was a picture of a tailor shop, with 3 manequins on the left of the picture, the shop lady in the centre caught in a candid shot, and another 3 manequins on the right of the picture. :)

Congratulations and hope he enjoyed it as much as I do with the LX3. I was thinking that the winning shot should be from those shops selling colourful cloth materials of many different kind and some candid shots there. I did not even go near those shops as I was caught with the bug that will not fly away. hahaha :sweatsm:.
A challenging shoot due to the nature of the design of the camera and the wind for the macro of the moth.
I realised the camera when put on wide actually have the lens protruding instead of the tele end when it retracted. In macro with the lens protruding it block the flash and thus don't allow me to use full manual mode with flash close up and have to put up with high ISO and waiting for the wind to die down at times.

Last edited:
wow... look like quite a number of clubsnap people was there at the workshop... i was there too... and for 2 time... but didn't win... haha... personally i owned a FZ18... and have been to the two workshop and used FZ28 and LX3... FZ28 have more funtion... and LX3 colour is very vivid... so vivid tat i'm surprise... but the zoom is the down side...

I'm not going for the other workshop... for the 1st workshop the bird winner is good... as for the arab st... yes there is drama but the colour not very nice, maybe didn't set the right setting... but still, its the moment kind of shot...
and yea dennis is right, the winner photo was taken in one of the colourful clothing shop

maybe will join lumix workshop next year but if there is any...

Last edited:
wow... look like quite a number of clubsnap people was there at the workshop... i was there too... and for 2 time... but didn't win... haha... personally i owned a FZ18... and have been to the two workshop and used FZ28 and LX3... FZ28 have more funtion... and LX3 colour is very vivid... so vivid tat i'm surprise... but the zoom is the down side...

I'm not going for the other workshop... for the 1st workshop the bird winner is good... as for the arab st... yes there is drama but the colour not very nice, maybe didn't set the right setting... but still, its the moment kind of shot...
and yea dennis is right, the winner photo was taken in one of the colourful clothing shop

maybe will join lumix workshop next year but if there is any...

Haha sorry you did not win the LX3 but that was what I would envision as that will suit the theme well but is stereotyped IMHO. Seems like many was into CS as well, so is the speaker Billy as he asked for my nick here when I asked him about WB on LX3.
According to him he was about to get the LX3 as well.
I like the way he ask everybody to experiment with all sorts instead of sticking to just "correct" stuff.
Post your image here to see leh.

Haha, this thread should have started before we went for the workshop,so at least we can talk to each other then. I pulled my Dad along to join me in the workshop cuz i didn't wanna go alone, but turns out that he learnt alot too! He used to LX3 and was really enjoying himself. I used my own FZ18 and definitely had a great time trying different functions.

Anyway i thought that the photos taken by many were really beautiful. The colours were really vibrant (or maybe it was just the panasonic blu-ray tv cos it didnt look as good on my computer ;p).

Too bad I didnt sign up for the rest.. sigh.. but its ok la, at least i brought home valuable lessons which is even more valuable than LX3 haha.

Haha, this thread should have started before we went for the workshop,so at least we can talk to each other then. I pulled my Dad along to join me in the workshop cuz i didn't wanna go alone, but turns out that he learnt alot too! He used to LX3 and was really enjoying himself. I used my own FZ18 and definitely had a great time trying different functions.

Anyway i thought that the photos taken by many were really beautiful. The colours were really vibrant (or maybe it was just the panasonic blu-ray tv cos it didnt look as good on my computer ;p).

Too bad I didnt sign up for the rest.. sigh.. but its ok la, at least i brought home valuable lessons which is even more valuable than LX3 haha.

Yeh you are right, otherwise it may be a more enjoyable trip.
Maybe we can start a Lumix outing on our own. ;)

oh i remember u... ur are the girl tat took the sleeping old man on the bench... haha... anyway, there is still alot more to learn... I'm the guy walking behide u when u are taking photo of tat old man

oh yea actually there IS a thread on the lumix workshop and i did ask who was going but didn't see any reply so i tot maybe very little cs people going http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=410090

hmmm... blu ray??... dun think so... maybe give u some sample with the photo below.

2911159863_ffd4f1d8cc.jpg

2911156537_fd092d7417.jpg

anyway, when i first saw this workshop i tot it was really teaching how to shoot bird, colour etc... and i tot each workshop will teach different skill... and i almost choose all 4... lucky or unluckily the last 2 dates is the day i will be having exam... so couldn't go... unknowingly walk into competition O_O

oh i remember u... ur are the girl tat took the sleeping old man on the bench... haha... anyway, there is still alot more to learn... I'm the guy walking behide u when u are taking photo of tat old man

oh yea actually there IS a thread on the lumix workshop and i did ask who was going but didn't see any reply so i tot maybe very little cs people going http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=410090

hmmm... blu ray??... dun think so... maybe give u some sample with the photo below.

2911159863_ffd4f1d8cc.jpg

2911156537_fd092d7417.jpg

anyway, when i first saw this workshop i tot it was really teaching how to shoot bird, colour etc... and i tot each workshop will teach different skill... and i almost choose all 4... lucky or unluckily the last 2 dates is the day i will be having exam... so couldn't go... unknowingly walk into competition O_O

haha, i couldnt choose the last too cos exams are near too.. anyways i really like the photo of the parrot. hey that means ur photos got shortlisted then! anyway i remember two guys walking behind me, so u could be one of them haha.. oh i think i remember dennis also.. donno was it billy or james that mentioned ur name. i was intending to follow the "guided tour", but in the end, it seems like everyone was more inclined to free-and-easy :D

anyway skyguy, u from ntu is it? i think you posted on the NTU thread before. are u in the photography club?

Hi all. I seldom visit this forum as I am a DSLR user. I was there at the Panasonic workshop and I did enjoyed the Arab street outing. After this outing, I've started to appreciate compact camera more... one thing I learned is that I can compose picture better looking at the camera LCD. Beside that, I also learn to appreciate the 16:9 aspect ratio.
Anyway, my pictures from the outing can be found here:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422594

I like all the picture posted here from Dennis and Skyguy. Both of you could win the competition.
Hi Dennis, please share with me how you achieve the fish eye picture of the sultant mosque.

I like all the picture posted here from Dennis and Skyguy. Both of you could win the competition.
Hi Dennis, please share with me how you achieve the fish eye picture of the sultant mosque.

it's a poisonious camera with BBB virus.......joking :bsmilie:

haha, i couldnt choose the last too cos exams are near too.. anyways i really like the photo of the parrot. hey that means ur photos got shortlisted then! anyway i remember two guys walking behind me, so u could be one of them haha.. oh i think i remember dennis also.. donno was it billy or james that mentioned ur name. i was intending to follow the "guided tour", but in the end, it seems like everyone was more inclined to free-and-easy :D

anyway skyguy, u from ntu is it? i think you posted on the NTU thread before. are u in the photography club?

ok... sound like u are from NTU too.. during the 1st week or something, me and my friend wrote our name in the list of people tat joining ntu photography club... but never receive any mail from them until i saw the ntu thread here... then realise me and my friend didn't received any mail... like sort of left out... but one the thread person forward the mail to me for now... so is see i wan to go or not only loh... sch rather stressful... anyway i'm in mechanical engineering year 2... not staying in hall ... i'm the skinny guy, no spec =P

yea... actually both is the shortlisted one

free and easy can cover the area faster... own time own target... but have chance of missing out nice spot which the organiser may know...

ah.. mechanic engineering.. got a couple of yr 2 friends there. i also yr2 in english lit. anyway do u noe if ntu photography club teaches a lot, or its more to photography expeditions? i shld have signed up during CCA fair..

anyway for dennis' pic #4, how was that effect done?

Status
Not open for further replies.