Panasonic Lumix GX9

It sure is quiet around here these days. Are there any fellow GX9 owners out there? I am learning more about the camera and hope to exchange notes. One question I have is on the iDynamic and iResolution settings. The default settings for both are off. When would one turn it on?
Don't own GX9 though.
iDynamic, sounds like a feature that tweaks the picture to get better dynamic range, iResolution more on sharpness, clarity?
Either case, seems to be features that affects the jpeg files rather than raw.

Saw it in Japan when I went there early this month...

oj2hjr.jpg

It sure is quiet around here these days. Are there any fellow GX9 owners out there? I am learning more about the camera and hope to exchange notes. One question I have is on the iDynamic and iResolution settings. The default settings for both are off. When would one turn it on?

Just got mine days ago and still trying out different film simulation. Coming from LX and 109, the menu is quite straight forward. Size wise it is larger and heavier the Fuji xt20.

Am I missing something , sometime the focus area runs from the center position that I had set . I do miss shots if I don’t check the view finder for the focusing . Hope user Can help in this matter .

Am I missing something , sometime the focus area runs from the center position that I had set . I do miss shots if I don’t check the view finder for the focusing . Hope user Can help in this matter .

Were you using the EVF when it happened? As I use my left eye, my nose would touch the screen sometimes which cause the focus point to move.

Were you using the EVF when it happened? As I use my left eye, my nose would touch the screen sometimes which cause the focus point to move.
Thanks , you got a point here. I will try again. But how I wish I can set the focus point fix at the center .

Thanks , you got a point here. I will try again. But how I wish I can set the focus point fix at the center .

You can disable to touch screen.

hi, can we assign different custom settings for different shooting perimeters. Say I am on normal A mode in street shooting and I want to change quickly to time lapse shooting mode whereby I have to check the iso , MF focus, fix white balance , etc . Is there a single custom button that change the settings. Of course have to fine tune the shooting condition to the requirement .

Does anyone know if the grip is available here? I checked with SLRR and they do not have it. It seems Panasonic is not focusing on the GX9 here. They didn't even have a launch for it!

Does anyone know if the grip is available here? I checked with SLRR and they do not have it. It seems Panasonic is not focusing on the GX9 here. They didn't even have a launch for it!
I got mine from B&H. Check it out . Its around US63 to Sg

It is not available in Hong Kong either.