Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ15 or Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX36

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojo

Jul 22, 2002
SINGAPORE
Visit site
I'm looking for wide angle compact ditigcame ? Please advise which is better?Thanks.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ15 - 28mm & F3.3 - 4.9 (what is the price?)
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX36 - 25mm & F2.8 - 5.6 ( $599 for IT Show)

anyone know what is the latest price for lumix fx36 ?

F36. HAve Underwater Housing. The camera is just plain PNS camera with alots improvement.

I took the plunge and got the FX36 yesterday at MS color. Based my trust on my previous FZ5 which is very good cam. Still exploring...

how is it?

Saw the print advert for FX36, looks really good!

How are the indoor shoots?

No time to really try out yet...will post in a few days....

First impression: Simple to use with the dial on the top. The IA works pretty well and the face tracking is quite responsive too.

Later......

Hi,

How much is MS Color charging for Fx36?

Had a couple of days to try our the cam. Have to lower my expectation compared to my DSLR...this is for my wife P&S pleasure...so these opinions are very subjective.

First off, I find that any ISO400 and above is not really usable to me...just too rough.

I experimented the various modes...from IA, scenes to the Record mode that enable more options. My exp is that the IA mode works pretty intelligent in getting out a decent shot but I have to turn off some settings as it does like to raise ISO even above 400...I have one shot that auto ISO to 640 indoor with flash on....killed the shot...good thing there is a manual setting or even a option to set max ISO.

I believe that the best mode for any non-photogs like my wife is the scene mode...it allows some form of control and yet able to capture quite a decent pic according to the scene set. Face tracking is pretty accurate and exposure is "OK" to my taste. The wide angle at 25mm definitely will comes in handy in grp shots.

Last thing...video at 720P is a bonus ;)

The vivid mode is nice colors. But the video is the best, sharp and clear. I got it at $470 the last day of computer exhibition.

hi CSer,..

appreciate if someone could upload pics on iso3200 and iso6400
thanks,

Tried out more on the 36 and beginning to know the cam more. With Max iso set at 400 and i exposure on, I was able to take very nicely exposed shots.

Here are the noisy photos at 3200 and 6400 which IMO cannot be used (3200 still acceptable to some extend) and I will never touch...more like a marketing gimmick

2380469322_e89cb5c09c_b.jpg

2380470212_7e56a176ce_b.jpg

Thinking whether to get Panasonic FX36 or Sony T300/200.
But does anyone knows if these two products are cheaper in Hk or Japan?
Will be heading there next month. :D

thanks for the pics Paladin

Never believe on LCD display.

Comparing FX36 vs F100fd.
Both Setting: Auto ISO1600, shotting position 3m away from object, fill in flash.
Use Canon Selphy printer to print out without PS.

Result:
Amazingly for FX36 --> skin tone is better, back ground is brighter, noise lesser

CAn some one compare with F50fd?

Did that earlier response on price refer to the TZ15? If not anyone know the current price and if with any freebies like memory card?
Thanks

Did that earlier response on price refer to the TZ15? If not anyone know the current price and if with any freebies like memory card?
Thanks

Just bought it for $580 at cathayphoto, comes with a pouch and 4gb sd card. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.