Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ15 or Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went with a friend to purchase Lumix FX36. E-quote from AP was $480 w/o GST and we decided to head to Funan for the camera. The salesperson there was kinda "bo chap" as he dint really bother to explain the differences between FX36 and FUJI F100d(which we know F100d is "sort of" better with noise). Anyhow my friend was determine to get the FX36 and so we went straight to the "how much?" and he quote us $540nett! We showed him the Equote and he "not very happy" offer us $515nett with only a free 2GB SD card!!! We ask again and he "reluctantly" check with his colleague that it was actually free 4GB SD card.. In the end, they did not have the pink color that we wanted and so we went off without buying - Which is in fact a blessing!!!

Decided to give CP @ peninsula a try (since we were around the area) and we got lucky!! The saleman was very nice and when we go straight to say "we want this cam and AP's Equote is $480(w/o GST), he offered us $510nett with the 4GB SD card and casing. He even patiently show us different colors and advised us on the camera... So.. yes....:p

Went with a friend to purchase Lumix FX36. E-quote from AP was $480 w/o GST and we decided to head to Funan for the camera. The salesperson there was kinda "bo chap" as he dint really bother to explain the differences between FX36 and FUJI F100d(which we know F100d is "sort of" better with noise). Anyhow my friend was determine to get the FX36 and so we went straight to the "how much?" and he quote us $540nett! We showed him the Equote and he "not very happy" offer us $515nett with only a free 2GB SD card!!! We ask again and he "reluctantly" check with his colleague that it was actually free 4GB SD card.. In the end, they did not have the pink color that we wanted and so we went off without buying - Which is in fact a blessing!!!

Decided to give CP @ peninsula a try (since we were around the area) and we got lucky!! The saleman was very nice and when we go straight to say "we want this cam and AP's Equote is $480(w/o GST), he offered us $510nett with the 4GB SD card and casing. He even patiently show us different colors and advised us on the camera... So.. yes....:p

Had experienced the same bo-chap attitude myself frm Funan's AP too...

Can anyone give review on these 2 models? Which one beta?

1. why is there no consolidated price list for lumix?
I see one for canon and nikon

2. Had been using an FX9 until it broke down
leaving me with alot of sweet memories :)

3. Simlim Song Brother 1st floor quoted me
a. FX36 - $495 (incl tax) free spare batt,screen protector,4Gb n case
b. FX520 - $584 (incl tax) comes w/screen protector

4. Amazon is having a good sales on TZ5/TZ15
Blue color going for USD$269, this morn back to USD$282
I was holding out for the black one until I found out the video is not good

I normally go for the lady in AP Funan if she is in. She offers better service then the others. They sometimes have accessories that other shop don't, so I have no choice but to get it from them.:(

Can anyone give review on these 2 models? Which one beta?

I'm considering TZ15 / FX520

FX36 and FX520 are very similar with both starts at 25mm. FX36 has 4X optical zoom while FX500 has 5X optical zoom.

The main thing abt FX520 is the touch screen. It has a cool feature call focus tracking. You can track the object by selecting the object on the screen to focus. Even if the object moves after you focus on the object, the camera will track the object and remains focus on it. Good for tracking pets and kids. It also has aperture and shutter piority modes.

The strong point about TZ15 this the powerful zoom and can zoom during Movie mode. I think FX520 cannot zoom when taking movie.

So there is pros and cons. Depends on your needs.

I'm considering TZ15 / FX520

FX36 and FX520 are very similar with both starts at 25mm. FX36 has 4X optical zoom while FX500 has 5X optical zoom.

The main thing abt FX520 is the touch screen. It has a cool feature call focus tracking. You can track the object by selecting the object on the screen to focus. Even if the object moves after you focus on the object, the camera will track the object and remains focus on it. Good for tracking pets and kids. It also has aperture and shutter piority modes.

The strong point about TZ15 this the powerful zoom and can zoom during Movie mode. I think FX520 cannot zoom when taking movie.

So there is pros and cons. Depends on your needs.

Thks Bro

just bought FX36 yesterday,$490 comes with Lumix pouch,4GB SDHC cardgmb & mini tripod.

advantage for FX-36: one of the widest angle, compact and more colours to choose. TZ-15: 10X zoom, and vedio focusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.