Status
Not open for further replies.

eow

Jun 22, 2004
A new model with manual function
available end of august at Uk
Lens
• 28 - 112mm (35 mm equiv) 4x optical zoom
• 5 x "Extra optical zoom" for smaller sizes (3:2 aspect ratio: 5.1x for 4.5Mega, 2.5Mega)
• F 2.8 - F 8.0 (W) F 4.9 - F 8.0 (T)
File formats
• Still: RAW, TIFF, JPEG
• Movie: QuickTime Motion JPEG
panasonic_lx1blkfront-001.jpg
panasonic_lx1blkback-001.jpg

panasonic_lx1blk34-001.jpg
panasonic_lx1blktop-001.jpg

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0507/05072003panasonic_lx1.asp
check this Dynamic Dramatic Special Gallery at pana site
http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/lumix/lx1/mainparts.html
seem to be the replacement for the lc series
rumour at dpreview mentioned panasonic will not came up with a new lc series :think:
time to save yr buck and grab the lc-5 if it ever end up in the clearance sale

I think its been a long while since I've felt this excited about a product :vhappy:. Have been holding out on getting a digital camera since FZ1 days, and the new LX1 seems like everything I need in a neat package.

I do have a question though, with 16:9 shots, how are we going to get them printed? Does anyone know any shops that is able to print 16:9 photos, or do we need to physically crop each print by ourselves?

same here :)

it looks good, but the verdict is still out on its performance from ISO100 onwards. if like the FZ30, die liao.

but the features and wide angle lens in such a compact package makes it a great street shooter.

The features are unique if you want to compare to compact cameras from other brands. It's a good looker too, looks like an FX-8 with a more powerful lense bolt into the body.

this could should be the smallest wide angle (28mm equivalent on 35mm) digital camera available in the market... sounds cool.

but squeezing 8+MP into such a small CCD (even smaller than CCD of FZ30) doesn't sound like a good idea unless if Pansonic sorted it out the way we see it in Fujifilm's F10.

hmm... very buyable :) don't really need the 8MP though. would prefer low noise at high ISO.

mpenza said:
don't really need the 8MP though. would prefer low noise at high ISO.

my sentiments, exactly.

I'm looking for a new digital camera too. Wanted to get a FX-8, then came this model and FX-9. Must really wait till the prices of these 2 newly launched models before deciding which camera to get.

I think it the smallest compact with raw capability

lx1
105.7 x 55.8 x 25.6 mm
(4.16 x 2.20 x 1.01 inch)
(Not including protruding parts)

lz1/2
100.5 × 63.5 × 32.9 mm
(3.96 × 2.5 × 1.3 inch)

fx8/9
94.1 x 50.5 x 24.2 mm
(3.70 x 1.99 x 0.95 inch)

some sample taken from the website resize abt 50% of it original size,unaltered and even degrade to 80% pic quality to enable web hosting at photobucket :)
Seem the pics is very good especially the first pic for A3 size print out liao:thumbsup:

P1000046copy.jpg

P1000869copy.jpg

For my needs, LX1 and FX30 is "good enough" ;) . As good as any DSLR is, I'm not ready to invest thousands into getting the Body and a good set of lens, before deciding not to bring the whole lot on a trip overseas because of the weight, and the portability.

Besides, even with DSLR sensors, I'll be hearing people lamenting that this lens has better optics, that one has less distortion... or I should have one for wide angle, another one for tele, and Prime is the way to go... its an unlimited pursuit/dream of the perfect system with a limit budget :nono: .

I'd rather have a "good enough" camera and enjoy the photos I take, than chase after that dream system, brag about what I have, but leave the whole thing sitting in the dry box year after year :dunno: .

Very wise and sensible advice :thumbsup:

Anyone can guess the price range of the LX1? Hopefully not $1700 like LC1 :embrass:

Myfz1 said:
Anyone can guess the price range of the LX1? Hopefully not $1700 like LC1 :embrass:

no lah... it is cheaper than the FZ30. think will be around $900~1000, around same price range as the current range of 7MP prosumers.

To Ben,

I think it has a few format setting, one of them is 16:9, which is meant for group of people who mostly like to view fotos on 16:9 on lcd or plasma tv, not for printing.

Guess many shops, able to and like to, print this kind of format, cos they can charge a premium

Seen many shops like to provide such special service :bigeyes: like taller 4R to suit ratio of dc sensors. Thats where the money is!

I rather spend 2 sec of my time on selected fotos, if i think is critical, to crop or constraint my pics to 4R ratio, using my software.

According to the reviews and possible pricing of the LX-1, its actually about the same as FZ30, and cost twice as much as FX-8. My guess would be that this cam would set back buyers by 1.2k :eek: Let's just hope it'll be launched soon. Looks like a dream cam to me in any sense. ;)

Wow! Small,light weight with manual Focus. but wonder how much will it cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.