3764189624_e85acac1bf.jpg

Read the review here

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/panasonic_lumix_dmc_fz38_review/

also an inroduction from dpreview

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0907/09072704panafz38.asp

I wish they could've extended the zoom to 20X

Last edited:
What happened to Panasonic, only 18X zoom? The competitors are sporting 20X-24X

You can use the zoom lens during recording and really make the most of that versatile 27-486mm focal range. Focusing is set via the Focus mode dial on the top of the camera. On the negative side, you'll find that if you choose continuous auto-focus, areas of the video will be blurred before becoming sharp again as the camera tries to refocus.

best thing for me is the stereo recording vs fz28's mono. it was really the reason why i didnt buy the fz28.

as i already have a dslr, im more interested in the movie features. i hope they made the movie even better (which was already among the best against its competition)

no much improvement and still same old 1/2.3" sensor..
got HD but never use that at all..

no much improvement and still same old 1/2.3" sensor..
got HD but never use that at all..

Well it is the second camera (after TZ7) to get AVCHD Lite. So it means that you can leave your video camera at home (which was one of the reason why I bought the TZ7). :)

anyone wanna make a guess e cost?

i doubt is $700+

it is said to have the same retail price as the FZ28 when launched. in US, launch price is $399

it is said to have the same retail price as the FZ28 when launched. in US, launch price is $399

it should have the same retail price as fz28... coz once fz38 is out... fz28 is phase out... and i won't expect the price to keep increasing as the model get better, imagine future fz98 have the same price as dslr...
-_-"

Is the fz38 available yet in singapore? it is not in malaysia

Is the fz38 available yet in singapore? it is not in malaysia

Any updates to price/availability in Singapore? Hoping to get one when my brother travels to Singapore on October.

Thanks!

The cam dun look great to me & the logo FZ-38 seems so fake..like a china made product...the fonts juz so cheezy..lol
Hope the hi -iso performance is more respectable....the bane of venus engine so far...

I hv used FZ-7, FZ-20,FZ-18 now wif TZ5

LOL i read somewhere, someone commented that the silver ring looks really gross.

LOL i read somewhere, someone commented that the silver ring looks really gross.

this is just based on personal preference.

A bit disappointed with the same zoom range as fz28.... :(

The range is fine but shld maintain a constant f2.8 thruout...like FZ-20.
If they increase range, i fear more CA like other lenses, than LEICA lenses wouldn't be LEICA anymore :(

Also if they add more pixels, than dynamic ranges and noise all go down too:(

Status
Not open for further replies.