Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX07

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoosh

Sep 10, 2006
Planning to get the FX07, heard and seen the review on this camera and now need some advice from exsiting users. Is the Lumix DMC-FX07 as well as the reviews claimed? Any limitations or frustration when come to actual usage?

Is the picture quality good?
Heard noise sets in when setting at higher ISO?
Should I even wait for the FX50?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance! :)

Have been eyeing on this camera too, just want to hear more comments before I actually buy one.

Kinda scarely, no feedback. Either its a relatively new model or the camera is a no no....
Upz. Pls. advice.

Thanks

basically i don see a very big difference between all fx models. i might be wrong tho. as for image quality, it should be pretty good since pana is using Leica lens. :thumbsup:

ExplorerZ said:
basically i don see a very big difference between all fx models. i might be wrong tho. as for image quality, it should be pretty good since pana is using Leica lens. :thumbsup:
Thanks!

My key concern is the image quality. Seen many reviews that the noise level sets in when shooting in light light area. Other than that, the 28mm is a plus.

whoosh said:
Thanks!

My key concern is the image quality. Seen many reviews that the noise level sets in when shooting in light light area. Other than that, the 28mm is a plus.
ic. if you are looking for good noise performance, im sad to say that you shouldn't be looking here. But one thing im quite sure is that Leica lens + pana = good and sharp images under good lighting. :thumbsup:

Thanks bro,

I checked out a few models and decided on the Canon IXUS800IS.
Appreciate the advice given.

Thanks!

I was quoted $470 for FX07 at Pearl Centre #01-147
Seems like a good deal from the RRP of $699.
Any things to check that its authenthic?

whoosh said:
Thanks bro,

I checked out a few models and decided on the Canon IXUS800IS.
Appreciate the advice given.

Thanks!

wise choice actually i was thinkin to get tat but if u wan to get it now i suggest not bcos the price MIGHT drop abit bcos CANON is comin out 2 new model 1 is SD900 Ti and 1 is SD850 IS bot h wit the new CANON technlogy DIGI3 wit low noise in high ISO. 1 things i not so sure is tat SD900 Ti doesnt have image stablize

for FX-07 i do agree the lecia lens take good shot but panasonic u can see noise even in low ISO 200( i try tat in COMEX) the noise can spot easily... Panasonic limux take very good shot in outdoor but indoor pic the flash is not very impressive... compare to fuji s10 model . fuji digi camera take good night shot pic even without flash. both camera have her PRO n CONS so not all camera is perfect

Finally, for me i think getting CANON is a wise choice ba ... i not a pro stil at a learning stage NOOB ba... CANON cam always very pricy but is a good cam

I was quoted $470 for FX07 at Pearl Centre #01-147
Seems like a good deal from the RRP of $699.
Any things to check that its authenthic?
$470 for FX-07 or FX-7? Oh my god, I paid more than that for my FX-07 at CathayPhoto just 2 weeks ago !!!

Yeah... I bought one and probably would have returned it if I COULD. The noise is just unbearable indoors. Absolutely the worst I have ever seen and unacceptable for a camera selling in 2006. Designwise it is really nice. But the noise.. ARGH... just horrible.

I should have spent 100 less and gotten a Fuji F20 or another camera.

Yeah... I bought one and probably would have returned it if I COULD. The noise is just unbearable indoors. Absolutely the worst I have ever seen and unacceptable for a camera selling in 2006. Designwise it is really nice. But the noise.. ARGH... just horrible.

I should have spent 100 less and gotten a Fuji F20 or another camera.
true that lumix are one of the worse in terms of noise control, but i love its OIS :heart:

is there such cam fx-07??? i only heard of fx7:think:

$470 for FX-07 or FX-7? Oh my god, I paid more than that for my FX-07 at CathayPhoto just 2 weeks ago !!!

ya, is it $470 for FX07 (&MP widelens) ? any freebies? where...

is there such cam fx-07??? i only heard of fx7:think:

YUP! there is an FX-07, ISO highest 1250, 7MP
I own a FX-7, ISO highest 400, 5MP
LCDs are the same size 2.5inch, pixle count not sure is it the same or not~

But I really dun think $470 for FX07 is correct~ better check it~

hehe i got mine at $569 today~ not much freebie... only a 1gb card and pouch.

Aint happy with the image quality... but the camera is solid and neat. personally like the design, thus choose it over Sony and Fuji (though i know fuji de final image will allow better)

Any its for my parents, haha its easy to use and image is okay enough for them :)

hehe i got mine at $569 today~ not much freebie... only a 1gb card and pouch.

Aint happy with the image quality... but the camera is solid and neat. personally like the design, thus choose it over Sony and Fuji (though i know fuji de final image will allow better)

Any its for my parents, haha its easy to use and image is okay enough for them :)

Where did you get it ?
Seems like a bit ex.
Quoted by Ms Colour for $520 over the phone.
Actually the 1gb card and pouch is standard package from panasonic. Stated in their brochure for this festive period.

wah tio own'ed >< in clementi lor... coz near my place mah. lol.

i tot last week somebody just said that there was a promotion from best denki.... $569 for fx07, plus 1 gb memory card, 1 extra third party battery, leather pouch, tripoh..... i personally checked it out last week at imm best denki. yup, there was such a promotion....

i guess it still going on.....

Status
Not open for further replies.