Panasonic GX85 handson session

wonglp

Staff member
Jul 20, 2007
Bukit Batok
Hi all,

Panasonic Singapore is kind enough to pass ClubSNAP 2 sets of GX85 + 12-32 (1 black, 1 brown) for a short handson session. Will do some A3 prints of shots taken with this camera. There will also be new Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 G Vario weather resistant lens there

Date: Tuesday, 21st June.
Time: 630pm onwards

It's an informal session, though would be nice to know who's coming.

Nick

Nick
1. benares

Nick
1. benares
2. pettypoh

Nick
1. benares
2. pettypoh
3. Hong Jia

Default Re: Panasonic GX85 handson session

Nick
1. benares
2. pettypoh
3. Hong Jia
4. Richard Foo

Nick
1. benares
2. pettypoh
3. Hong Jia
4. Richard Foo
5. relakbro

Managed to get the Panasonic 12mm/1.4 pre production sample for tonight as well.
Can see the real lens paired to a black and a brown GX85...However, this lens is just a pre-production sample, so the final production set may still vary. And there's no confirm lens launch date yet...

Default Re: Panasonic GX85 handson session

Nick
1. benares
2. pettypoh
3. Hong Jia
4. Richard Foo
5. relakbro
6. Swifty

thanks for setting up the session, good camera, i managed to get 1080p 50fps footage (i'm guessing the stabilisation was turned on coz it looks good, maybe a bit too good already - the movements feel a bit like flying steadicam)

i did try to change settings and capture 4k, but can't find in my sd card, not sure what happened, card not fast enough?

thanks for setting up the session, good camera, i managed to get 1080p 50fps footage (i'm guessing the stabilisation was turned on coz it looks good, maybe a bit too good already - the movements feel a bit like flying steadicam)

i did try to change settings and capture 4k, but can't find in my sd card, not sure what happened, card not fast enough?

what card were u using?

If card not fast enough, usually will have an error message informing you of that. Even then, there should be a file of what was captured up till the point the card couldn't keep up, at least this was how it was with the LX100 and GH4.

A U3 card is recommended as what is needed here is the guaranteed minimum rate, although some have apparently gotten by with very fast U1 cards.

Last edited:
If card not fast enough, usually will have an error message informing you of that. Even then, there should be a file of what was captured up till the point the card couldn't keep up, at least this was how it was with the LX100 and GH4.

A U3 card is recommended as what is needed here is the guaranteed minimum rate, although some have apparently gotten by with very fast U1 cards.

write speed of this card is around 50mb/s.

or ... could be ... i "tot" i pressed the record button, but actually pressed wrong button wahaha ... #notapannyuser

or ... could be ... i "tot" i pressed the record button, but actually pressed wrong button wahaha ... #notapannyuser

Most likely, since there's no file at all. Not just you, I've had it happen when I'm not paying attention to make sure the recording started, esp if using the red video button instead of the shutter button, cos it's smaller and recessed.

Hi, is this camera available in SG?
Cos I saw the model listed on SG Panasonic web.

Apparently not yet. I called TKfoto yesterday and they said no idea when it's coming yet.

Cathay also awaiting Panasonic Singapore to release

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Panasonic is damn slow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still Akan datang?