Panasonic GX7 Review - Hands On Experience by aCiDByTe

acidbyte

I was given the opportunity to use the newly launched Panasonic GX7. They have launched their latest line of 16MP Micro 4/3 with the new 20mm/f1.7 MKII package. This is a massive improve on the predecessors. As i have always used to DSLR, this 4/3 camera and lens has impressed and also allow me to "ditch" my DSLR at home for the last couple of weeks. It has a good grip and "solid" feel now. The AI mode is more accurate. And while on the move, i can wireless transfer the photo from it to my iPhone/iPad using the Lumix Link app (available in Andriod Play Store and iTunes Store) easily. The "fun" part of this camera is the ability to do multiple exposure which i will post a sample pics down this review. The HDR mode on this camera is really impressive when i did a few night shots (either with a mini tripod or putting the camera on a stationery object) but it seems to drain the battery even faster after a few shots. With the touch screen (like most of the Panasonic 4/3), it's more responsive and the selective focus point is fast to respond. The tilt LCD is useful for low angled shot but too bad, you can take self portraits with it. The EVF is good for composing but i used the LCD to frame my shots mostly. Below i have provide some sample shots, taken directly from the camera. Other than resizing on my workstation, there were not other post processing done. Overall, with this pairing, it makes a good street photography camera and some regular shots. A good combo would be the cam, the 20mm and an smartphone, this make a good blogger tool too.

Click here for camera specifications and here for lens.

Low Light (hand held)

Food Photography (hand held)

Last edited: