Panasonic FZ50 or Fujifilm FinePix S9600

Status
Not open for further replies.

li0nheart07

Aug 27, 2006
Town
li0nheart07.multiply.com
i'm a newbie to this forum though i've been reading and looking at wonderful photos taken by all the pros around here...
i, myself, own a FinePix F11 and quite happy with it's performance but now it seems that it cannot satisfy my desire for... wanted to upgrade to a DSLR but budget constraint, decide to settle for normal camera with inter-changable lens and therefore i am in dilemma over Panasonic FZ50 or Fujifilm FinePix S9600, hope to get some professional advises from bros around here :)

Prosumer cameras do not have interchangeble lenses but they do have very large zoom rnages so you do not really need to change the lens :D What you mean is that they have the option to add attachment filters and teleconverters.

I'd suggest first loking at what kind of photos you like to shoot and decide if you really need to upgrade as the F11 is a decent camera. Most people who dont have the money for a DLSR and buy a prosumer often end up seling it a few months later to upgrade to a DLSR again... I'd strongly suggest using your current camera until you really have the budget for a DLSR then take the plunge once you are very sure.

In general panasonic has a reputation for having bad noise control but the Fuji dosent have an opticla stabliaser which can be a lifesaver at the longer end of the zoom..

raptor84 said:
Most people who dont have the money for a DLSR and buy a prosumer often end up seling it a few months later to upgrade to a DLSR again...

That shows they got the money. ;p For me its really the case... sob :sweatsm:

F11 is quite a gd camera with good Iso performance.. Shouldn't be much restrictions on ur creativity unless u are talking about the zoom range.. I have seen alot of ppl here shooting very gd pics with their F11 or F30.. U may wish to reconsider what is the thing u needed that your F11 doesnt have, then consider the alternatives.. A prosumer with its huge zoom range can be very useful and if you are on budget it will be better to get it instead of Dslr. Dslr is confirmed going to burn a big hole in your pocket with all the accessories and lens that you need to get as well.. I myself will most prob get a Fuji F30 soon after reading up and seeing what this little wonder can do..:)

Hi,

DSLR is the ultimate goal. But if your budget is a constrain then make do with what you have currently first cos when you go into DSLR it's the whole system you are going into and not just the camera alone. Think of the other stuff you need to get (flash, memory cards, lenes, filters). You may want to save up and consider before jumping in. Anyway your current cam is quite good. It can produce wonderful pictures. Maybe you want to continue using it first.

Just my 2 cents worth.

nikon D50 is close to a prosumer prices....

thanks for all the information, basically what i see the lack in F11 is the zoom range,
i travel often and started to have this keen in photography thats why when i went out with friends for photo-shooting, i do get beautiful scenaries but at times get pissed off when i can't focus (or zoom) on the particular scene i wanted :(
i wanted to bank into DSLR but consider the facts that a lot more need to be cash into it's accessories i might be afraid my temperament will be hot and cold :) and get sick of it in short moment
thats why decided to start off with what bros called it the prosumer cameras FZ50 and S9600, both has it's pros and cons, like high level of noise and image stabiliser...
thus, i need the PROs around here and gave me their fair share of advises and it's worth to bank into such cameras, where i feel it as a stepping stone to become a PRO like everyone in ClubSnap :p

stick to F11..... i stick with c5050z from 2002 till recently...

i can take better pics with c5050z.... although i must admit that my dSLR is heaps faster in everything... still my c5050z produces better images...

1/2 the time i lose the "moment" cos my c5050z is just too slow in responding... hehehe

thats why i have a dslr now...

Status
Not open for further replies.