Panasonic FZ-20 - what things i can add on ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k3nn3th03

Jan 6, 2005
halo..

i am new here..

wondering wat things i can add on..

my friend ask me to buy filter...

which filter is good ??

wat is the size of fz-20 ??

thanks.. ;)

k3nn3th03 said:
halo..

i am new here..

which filter is good ??

thanks.. ;)

UV filter is the first thing you need. It protects the lenses. If you stick to original Panasonic adapter (included in the box), then buy the 72mm UV filter + a 72mm lens cap. Otherwise, if you are going to buy 3rd party adapter, then you would need to consider the size of UV filter and lens cap for it.
The rest slowly accumulate la....

wow... the reply was fast...
thanks..

u mention 72mm... so do u mean the size of the filter is 72mm ?

sorry... i am still a "idiot" trying to learn new things.. :)

where can i buy these 2 things and roughly how much are they ?

i ask for quotes from pana dealer.
multi-coated filter ( MC FILTER ) = 85
neutral density filter = 90..
battery = 80 ( cheaper from harvey norman or best denki = 95 )

thanks..

The first thing I bought was a neck strap from Optech. The one given by Panasonic is too thin with no cushion. Felt really uncomfortable when carrying for prolonged period.

k3nn3th03 said:
wow... the reply was fast...
thanks..

u mention 72mm... so do u mean the size of the filter is 72mm ?

sorry... i am still a "idiot" trying to learn new things.. :)

where can i buy these 2 things and roughly how much are they ?

i ask for quotes from pana dealer.
multi-coated filter ( MC FILTER ) = 85
neutral density filter = 90..
battery = 80 ( cheaper from harvey norman or best denki = 95 )

thanks..

Yes, 72mm is the original size. I bought Raydawn UV filter at $12. Original one verry ex. Get the filter from any camera shop.

ya.. u can get the 3rd party accessories as original one r very ex :)
just a roughly guideline, the 72mm uv filter is less than $30 and the battery is less than $40 (ofcos it's depend on the brand lor) ... :)

k3nn3th03 said:
halo..

i am new here..

which filter is good ??

thanks.. ;)

I believe by visiting CK's Digital Camera Page, you will be able to know and decide what can add on, and what to add on.

Hi K3nn3th, I am super newbie too.

Raynox RT5264P, its a lens adapter that allows me to use 52mm filters.
From there, you can buy 52mm filters or 55mm filters using 52-55 step up ring.
Seems this size filters are much cheaper and more common in stores.

And then can get 55mm Tele or wide angle conversion lenses that will add OOMPH to your zoom range, or wider to take those party and panaromic pics. :)

I bought 2 more spare batts at $25 each, from Alan Photo at Funan, some Japanese brand.

Happy shooting! I know I have been!

thanks man...

hi,

thanks for all the help and replies...

i am jus too S... :dunno: to understand...

guess i will jus follow LifeWorld advice to add a 72mm Raydawn UV filter...

i agree that the neck strap is not too good...

batt wise, is it better to get orginal from pana ??

i dun understand this : :confused:
---> Raynox RT5264P, its a lens adapter that allows me to use 52mm filters.

And then can get 55mm Tele or wide angle conversion lenses that will add OOMPH to your zoom range, or wider to take those party and panaromic pics

pai sae... jus too "deep" 4 me...

i wan to get a tripot too... any suggestion ??

i saw different tripot, ie. at the bottom of the stand, there are movable base. are they for unbalanced surface ?

hmmm...

newbies lah... "bu hao yi si" ;)

thanks again...

Filters : They are piece of glass that you put in front of your lens to add special effect or simply as an added layer of protection to your lens. Common ones are UV, polarizer, ND etc

Filter thread : each filter has a screw thread in common diameters. The adapter that came with the FZ20 is 72mm. This adapter will allow you to attach filters of size 72mm to your camera. What rhair78 was suggesting is that you get another adapter Raynox RT5264P that allows you to use 52mm size filters instead, which is cheaper than 72mm filters due to the smaller size.

Tele lens: Adds extra zoom. A 2x tele + FZ20's 12x zoom will give you 24x zoom
Wide angle: lets you "step back", as the zoom is usually 0.8x, allowing you to see more of a picture without stepping back.

If you want more detailed answers/discussion, you can do a search in these forums :sticktong

k3nn3th03 said:
hi,

thanks for all the help and replies...

i am jus too S... :dunno: to understand...

guess i will jus follow LifeWorld advice to add a 72mm Raydawn UV filter...

i agree that the neck strap is not too good...

batt wise, is it better to get orginal from pana ??

i dun understand this : :confused:
---> Raynox RT5264P, its a lens adapter that allows me to use 52mm filters.

And then can get 55mm Tele or wide angle conversion lenses that will add OOMPH to your zoom range, or wider to take those party and panaromic pics

pai sae... jus too "deep" 4 me...

i wan to get a tripot too... any suggestion ??

i saw different tripot, ie. at the bottom of the stand, there are movable base. are they for unbalanced surface ?

hmmm...

newbies lah... "bu hao yi si" ;)

thanks again...

If you are really keen to know and to leaarn, go to the CK's digital cam I mentioned above, spend some times to read it, you will be able to comprehend the Lumixers here...

If after reading you still have some problem, take up a basic photography course. I just completed my basic photography with PLRBear with another FZer. Frankly speaking, some of the things which I still don't understand after reading, I took the chance to ask during the course. If you still don't understand after reading and even after asking in the forum, you may want to take a basic course to built up your knowledge.

Cheers
John

John Teoh said:
If after reading you still have some problem, take up a basic photography course. I just completed my basic photography with PLRBear with another FZer. Frankly speaking, some of the things which I still don't understand after reading, I took the chance to ask during the course. If you still don't understand after reading and even after asking in the forum, you may want to take a basic course to built up your knowledge.

Cheers
John

Agree!

I am doing a lot of reading on my own, either through books or via the net. I believe that's the way a lot of us are seeking the photography knowledge.

John: So how's the course? Is it good?

It is a pitty that due to my job commitment that I could not join the course together with you folks.

John Teoh said:

Cheers
John

ha ha... this another FZer is me :bsmilie:
ya john, agreed with you... this is the way i m doing too :)

Remember to get an external flash also

JimDavis said:
Agree!

I am doing a lot of reading on my own, either through books or via the net. I believe that's the way a lot of us are seeking the photography knowledge.

John: So how's the course? Is it good?

It is a pitty that due to my job commitment that I could not join the course together with you folks.

I must say the course is fun. On top of the photography knowledge like fstop etc, we also gain knowledge about other cams. Another thing is that we learn how to look for a good tripod. We even bought our tripod during the course.

Sometime, this knowledge is very difficult to explain on the forum. During the group shooting, the members maybe too busy shooting and there is no chance to ask question. As such you can ask as much question as you want during the course. One of the FZers even jump ship to Nikon after 2 lessons :bsmilie:

Cheers
John

John Teoh said:
I must say the course is fun. On top of the photography knowledge like fstop etc, we also gain knowledge about other cams. Another thing is that we learn how to look for a good tripod. We even bought our tripod during the course.

Sometime, this knowledge is very difficult to explain on the forum. During the group shooting, the members maybe too busy shooting and there is no chance to ask question. As such you can ask as much question as you want during the course. One of the FZers even jump ship to Nikon after 2 lessons :bsmilie:

Cheers
John

WOW! sounded fun huh?

Jump ship? then I better not to attend the course, else, my pocket will burn a big, big, big hole if I also jump ship.

Have been very tempting to jump ship actually, but I told myself that unless I really explore all the features with my current FZ-10, I will not jump the ship so easily. :lovegrin:

wow... ext flash ??

my friend lend me his ext flash...

after taking few photos, i AGREE that ext flash is good...

but i think i am not ready for so "chim" stuff...

i used to use Sony DSC-P51... small compact digi cam..

now i switch to bigger one like FZ-20... i find it very "chim" to use.....

been trying to understand "him"..

my god...

anyway, thanks for the reply..

Status
Not open for further replies.