Panasonic FX1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gab

Mar 18, 2004
Hi,any user comment on this camera?Don't seems to be very popular on those review sites,perhaps still new.Btw,How's the Mega OIS feature?Does it really works as it claims? :)

Hi,

I bought FX1 last week at SLS. I used to own Canon Ixus and Sony Cybershot until my son threw them out of the window. Photo quality of FX1 is excellent (thks to the leica lens i suppose) . Movie clips is possible at 30f/s and there is no limit on the duration or time. The quality of the clips seemed to be much clearer than Cybershot.

Generally I think Panasonic FX1 is an excellent camera as compared to Sony and Canon which I can compare the picture quality from experience. The stablizer, the new panasonic chip sets, the preset and manual mode of this camera is sufficent for me.

The metalic colour of the camera is also very nice. The weakness that I see is the battery (think approx 100 shots with LCD on) and Sony is much better here when coming to battery power.

Give it a try before you consider others.. (I'm interested in CanonA80 or A70 after reading all the positive reviews, but you can tell the difference from the finishing which the Panasonic (made in Jap) vs Canon (made in malaysia)..

I'm very happy with the buy.

Hi,tks for the fast response.Are there any "stamina" battery out there which can last longer for this model?Tks :)

Hi guys,

Are images produced by FX1 sharper than Canon and other brands ?

Thanks.

Partially, I guess there isn't much diff of it to compare with Canon IXUS or Sony Cybershot (which are more popular)

Gab said:
Hi,any user comment on this camera?Don't seems to be very popular on those review sites,perhaps still new.Btw,How's the Mega OIS feature?Does it really works as it claims? :)

wow.. threw them out of the window, is Canon IXUS & Sony Cybershot picture quality really that bad? ;p

pana_Fx1 said:
I used to own Canon Ixus and Sony Cybershot until my son threw them out of the window.

Son threw the camera out of window because he's still a 2 yr old kid and trying to give me a shock each day, not because the camera is that bad.

I intended buying back Sony until I saw the Panasonic FX1. In fact FX1 is slightly more expensive than Sony P8 at the moment. Features wise, they are quite similar but FX1 has leica lens and stabliser and can take movies continuosly at 30f ps which is good enough for me. Though Sony can take movies at 630x320..

I always felt pictures taken from Sony and Canon IXUS is poor. When I compared those from FX1, it's quite obvious that FX1 is much clear, sharper and richer. There isn't any much review about FX1 that is why I tried to post my comments here..

I think this beautiful camera worth some consideration from anyone interested in such category of camera.

pana_Fx1 said:
Son threw the camera out of window because he's still a 2 yr old kid and trying to give me a shock each day, not because the camera is that bad.

I intended buying back Sony until I saw the Panasonic FX1. In fact FX1 is slightly more expensive than Sony P8 at the moment. Features wise, they are quite similar but FX1 has leica lens and stabliser and can take movies continuosly at 30f ps which is good enough for me. Though Sony can take movies at 630x320..

I always felt pictures taken from Sony and Canon IXUS is poor. When I compared those from FX1, it's quite obvious that FX1 is much clear, sharper and richer. There isn't any much review about FX1 that is why I tried to post my comments here..

I think this beautiful camera worth some consideration from anyone interested in such category of camera.
If u compare picture quality with IXUS 400, then you'll be surprised...
:D

hi, so panasonic camera is better or canon ixus 400 in terms of quality of the cam? cos i'm intrested in buyin either panasonic FX-5 or ixus 430/500/A80

Hi bro,

i also just bought panasonic FX1 after i run a few tests with other few brands.
Initially i was thinking to buy canon A80 but after i tried FX1 in term of the features and the brightness to produce picture quality. So, i decided FX1 is the one for me n i'm very happy with my buy now. Definetly, you should give it a try :thumbsup:

does anyone know how to activate the anti-shake? i've tried but it doesn't seem to work properly for me..

Status
Not open for further replies.