panasonic fx-8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your camera's user guide, google, and lots of practice/experiments is the way to go.

Read. Dont know? Find. And try out to see the differences.

Enjoy!

no manual mode on FX8..
just got one for my friend. played wif it...
out of luck dude..

ermz.. initial shock: it has got 16:9 photo ratios!!!

bleah means it's tech is 1 level more improved as compared to FZ5.. this time can also control slowshutter exposure time. (FZXX gotta use manual mode)
relatively long batt life..
$645 = 1x 512mb, 1x 256mb, 1x extra batt, 1x case, 1x original package (16mb, cam, batt, charger). i think that's all.

For compact cameras (or pocket cameras), the new Fuju F10 looks very solid, supports ISO1600 - the review shows very interesting noise levels comparing to other compact cameras. Anyone done a comparison between Lumix FX series with the Fuju F10?

From P&S point of view, the indoor/outdoor nite shot of fuji advert is not as good as party mode of panasonic. Instead of using a noisy iso1600, panasonic would use iso100, F2.8, flash and shuttle of 1/15 to achieve brighter background. ;)

Martin said:
From P&S point of view, the indoor/outdoor nite shot of fuji advert is not as good as party mode of panasonic. Instead of using a noisy iso1600, panasonic would use iso100, F2.8, flash and shuttle of 1/15 to achieve brighter background. ;)

you cannot compare the size of FZ5 to Fuji's F10. kekeke.. I was referring to pocket size P&S.. so if we are comparing apple to apple, it should be the FX series vs the F10.

unseen said:
ermz.. initial shock: it has got 16:9 photo ratios!!!

bleah means it's tech is 1 level more improved as compared to FZ5.. this time can also control slowshutter exposure time. (FZXX gotta use manual mode)
relatively long batt life..
$645 = 1x 512mb, 1x 256mb, 1x extra batt, 1x case, 1x original package (16mb, cam, batt, charger). i think that's all.

Where did you buy the camera from? Good price...

FX series can pull the same trick. So i think it's apple to apple.

i heard from ms they say will launched end of the month.. i'm waiting to compare the price and function between fx8.. :D

Martin said:

erm, on the Fuji at ISO1600 wide open at f/2.8, the shutter speed would be 1/250s which could freeze the subject (with or without flash), get the same bright background and result in minimal camera shake (without the need for image stabilisation). If high ISO is not needed, you could always lower it to ISO 800 and get 1/125s shutter speed.

mpenza said:
erm, on the Fuji at ISO1600 wide open at f/2.8, the shutter speed would be 1/250s which could freeze the subject (with or without flash), get the same bright background and result in minimal camera shake (without the need for image stabilisation). If high ISO is not needed, you could always lower it to ISO 800 and get 1/125s shutter speed.

at iso1600 will have a hell lot of noise.
herad from ms that fx9 will be out in september.

coldman said:
at iso1600 will have a hell lot of noise.
herad from ms that fx9 will be out in september.

not really on the F10 which is pretty ok:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilmf10zoom/page8.asp

The ISO800 on the F10 is better than ISO400 on the FX7, while the ISO1600 is still very comparable.

On the example given by Martin, you could use ISO400 on the F10 to get 1/60s shutter speed which is better at freezing motion than 1/15s on the FX8.

Status
Not open for further replies.