Panasonic DMC-LC1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRKB

Jul 28, 2003
Far North
Visit site
Anyone here waiting for the Panasonic DMC-LC1, or have already bought it.

Cathay Photo is quoting S$1800.00

Caussway said:
That's a DSLR price ? More suitable for collector :sweatsm:

Don't think collectors are interested in a plastic-body digital rangefinder. :nono:

Anyway, it's a much talk about camera that rip off totally from the Leica Digilux 2. I think soon, all their products would be merged and simply branded Leicasonic! :bsmilie:

What plastic body...??

cheatchu79 said:
Don't think collectors are interested in a plastic-body digital rangefinder. :nono:

Anyway, it's a much talk about camera that rip off totally from the Leica Digilux 2. I think soon, all their products would be merged and simply branded Leicasonic! :bsmilie:

HRKB said:
What plastic body...??

Isn't the LC1 encased in plastic body? Thought that was the main difference between the Digilux2 and LC1? :dunno:

Maybe you should read on the spec, or make a trip down to your nearest friendly CP and give it a try.

cheatchu79 said:
Isn't the LC1 encased in plastic body? Thought that was the main difference between the Digilux2 and LC1? :dunno:

HRKB said:
Maybe you should read on the spec, or make a trip down to your nearest friendly CP and give it a try.

Oops! Sorry... :embrass:

Please forgive my ignorance! :embrass:

Played with the fellow on the 2nd day its arrival at CP, it is rather heavy, but it is to stable your holding posture. And the feel is good oo, the only thing that I don't like is the EVF, not optical viewfinder. :p

cheatchu79 said:
Oops! Sorry... :embrass:

Please forgive my ignorance! :embrass:

HRKB said:
Played with the fellow on the 2nd day its arrival at CP, it is rather heavy, but it is to stable your holding posture. And the feel is good oo, the only thing that I don't like is the EVF, not optical viewfinder. :p

So do you think that the camera worth every single penny of the price? :dunno:

I am still considering whether to drop 10D for LC1...

cheatchu79 said:
So do you think that the camera worth every single penny of the price? :dunno:

HRKB said:
I am still considering whether to drop 10D for LC1...

They're both quite different, I think they complement each other, and should not be considered a replacement. Perhaps if the LC1 could accept interchangeable lenses, then it might be considered more of a replacement.

have finally checkout this piece of beauty.
Lowest price i got : SGD1680.00 with GST.

Anyone got any lowest quote? Sadly, the quote i got is from a "blacklisted" shop at SLS - not AP though.

slacker said:

Anyone got any lowest quote? Sadly, the quote i got is from a "blacklisted" shop at SLS - not AP though.

Hmm... I wonder why SLS always happen to have the best price? Is it because their goods are grey?

cheatchu79 said:
Hmm... I wonder why SLS always happen to have the best price? Is it because their goods are grey?

:dunno: wish i know man .... Have try to hold it and play with it for a while after he told me the "best-price" without me bargaining yet.

Anyway, i have not reach a level to get this camera yet. Just ask for the sake of asking as i am very interested in this "Full Manual Yet Digital" camera. Till i know how to shoot well... by then, i believe the price will go down further making it more affordable to own one.

Maybe you can try bargaining abit and see if you can push it down to 1600 flat .. ;)

slacker said:

What is inclusive in the package? Is there a filter and remote shutter release?

slacker said:
:dunno: wish i know man .... Have try to hold it and play with it for a while after he told me the "best-price" without me bargaining yet.

Anyway, i have not reach a level to get this camera yet. Just ask for the sake of asking as i am very interested in this "Full Manual Yet Digital" camera. Till i know how to shoot well... by then, i believe the price will go down further making it more affordable to own one.

Maybe you can try bargaining abit and see if you can push it down to 1600 flat .. ;)

Well, I'm just kaypo-ing also lor. Just gotten my 2 cameras not so long ago, and don't think I would be upgrading anytime soon.

Played with the camera when it arrived at CP, was rather impress with the design and that BEAUTIFULLY Leica lense. The switch from AF to MF is just a lil press of the release button on the ring itself, and this applies to the aperture ring as well. The only gripe I have (as some of you have pointed out) is the EVF and possibly the lack of IR or focus-assist beam for those low light situations. I guess this lil beauty might just become my camera of choice for travelling;)

I'd just fiddled around with the camera in the IT show. It's quite awesome, with a very impressive LCD screen and ease of control. A superb rangefinder.

However, somehow, it feels cheap... :confused:

cheatchu79 said:
A superb rangefinder.

However, somehow, it feels cheap... :confused:

A rangefinder? I don't think that's quite what it is. It does feel a little cheap when you hold it. I guess it's due to the light weight and the strange grip. It somehow doesn't feel right to hold. But the huge LCD screen is pretty great.

Think I'm going to wait out a couple of months for the price to drop before getting one. CP quoted $1800 w/gst, most SLS shops quoting about $1700 to $1750.

Light? I personally dun feel so. maybe personal preference i guess.

Rangefinder? Personally i think it's not. This will fit into the rangefinder category.
epsonrd1-02.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.