Panasonic DMC-LC 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesmondLeong

Aug 2, 2005
Woodlands
:bigeyes: Can anyone give comments about the above DC ?

The Cream of the corp among the panasonic cameras...enough said

go read the reviews and find out:

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/panasonic/dmc_lc1-review/index.shtml

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/lc1.html

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/panasonic-lc1-prelim.shtml

It is otherwise known as the Rolls Royce among prosumer digicams as the co-development with Leica gives it a very good lens and great ergonomics that are similar to the Leica rangefinders.

THANKS
eow and tao for the information provide.

Umm, anyone still knows where to get this cam?

koolz said:

someone posted here before that some of the Best Denki stores are clearing it. seems to be EOL item?

DesmondLeong said:
:bigeyes: Can anyone give comments about the above DC ?

the 5MP is tricky.
you think it is inferior to 8MP other brand.
but a pic is not just pixels alone. most important are the lens and the sensor.
not so bothered about engine.
Venus2 - panasonic, Turbo pic-olympus, digic2 - canon, cx2 - minolta, etc........
if you have photo shop and stuff like NEAT just deal with the large digifile to process.

koolz said:
Koolz, you can get it from People's Park complex price from S$1400 - S$1600.

DesmondLeong said:
Koolz, you can get it from People's Park complex price from S$1400 - S$1600.
Don't really trust those people from People's Park Complex. Also, i tot the price has dropped to about $1000? Thanks anyway, will check it out if i pass by there.:)

how much for a used LC-1? anyone knows?

A great cam a year ago....but time has catch up with it. There are many newer budget dslr in the market that are much better now.

Hi, Lightning69

Can you list some current models that are compatible to LC-1. I think the Leica len on LC-1 is something that makes the model worthwhile.

Thanks.
:)

ehlim said:
Hi, Lightning69

Can you list some current models that are compatible to LC-1. I think the Leica len on LC-1 is something that makes the model worthwhile.

Thanks.
:)

Leica lens...i have got it on my FZ20 too. But there are different grades of Leica lens lah. Do you actually believe that paying S$1000 will get you a digicam with a true Leica lens?

I think i would be better of getting Nikon D50 which is loaded with much more features and performance. Just my views and it probably wont matter to anyone at all.

lightning69 said:
Leica lens...i have got it on my FZ20 too. But there are different grades of Leica lens lah. Do you actually believe that paying S$1000 will get you a digicam with a true Leica lens?

I think i would be better of getting Nikon D50 which is loaded with much more features and performance. Just my views and it probably wont matter to anyone at all.

Well, the lenses on the Panasonics are as Leica as they get:

The Leica DC Vario-Summicron Lens on LC1 is Leica's preeminent lens. Its exceptional optics give photos an exquisite soft-focus effect, vibrant colors, and overall enhancement of image quality and depth.

The Leica DC Vario-Elmarit Lens on the FZ family is the top-of-line compact lens in the Leica family, the DC Vario-Elmarit lenses combine the convenience of small size with the superb image rendering capabilities of a larger lens.

The pro has spoken.
:D
I still feel that the FZ5 (w/o usm) can still fight with my setup of 350D and a $800 lens + usm for sharpness. no $$ to look at Leica lens. Most prob won't, coz right now i still cannot imagine doing manual focus for everything...

unseen said:
The pro has spoken.
:D
I still feel that the FZ5 (w/o usm) can still fight with my setup of 350D and a $800 lens + usm for sharpness. no $$ to look at Leica lens. Most prob won't, coz right now i still cannot imagine doing manual focus for everything...

You make me wanna laugh. FZ5 going up against 350D!!! Now there are a few advantages for the FZ5 such as lower price, better zoom, lighter weight....other than that there is no comparison at all.

And for you smart aleck shooting his mouth off, I'm sure you mustt know that the more "Pro" the dSLR the softer the images?

You can laugh. I have my 350D + Sigma 18-50 F2.8 and that is how i feel. Maybe I've not fully grasped my photoshop skils, or instead of shooting at F4 I should start shooting at F11.. BUT
In case your english is handicapped, let me point out again, I'm comparing sharpness. So which dSLR do you own may I ask? or do you own any?

I forgot to mention the situation/lighting condition though: In a bright sunny day, I still still feel that the FZ5 can give the 350D a run for its money if comparing sharpness.

Lightning69
out of curiosity did u happened to own a dslr?

Dun think he does..
After switching to dSLR I realised that everyone think too highly of dSLRs..
If you pay top $$ for the top stuff, yeah those ideals are true (fast and accurate focus, extremely sharp photos, very good colours, etc). As for good high ISO performance, that's only true for Canon dSLRs..

so Lightning69, when you laugh, are you laughing because of what you hear, or because you actually own a dSLR (350D to be precise) and a good lens (F2.8 15-50mm or better)?

Status
Not open for further replies.