Panasonic DMC-FZ5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cel.QQ

Jan 19, 2006
Hello all..need your guys help and advice....

Before I owned FZ5, I owned Canon IXU II and quite use to it an like it very much....it is compact and easy to shoot photos for casual. But after i get FZ5, i felt it very difficult to shoot because very easy to shake even it have Mega stabilization and I already very carefull to hold it when I shooting or sometime using Tripod also facing this of problem. Beside this, when I compare with Canon pic, its quality worse than Canon.

How do you guys think... how to shoot for normal picture to reduct photo shaking and get a lot of "shadow". I am regret to buy it leh.... any idea it is I am using wrongly.... I didn't facing those problem when I using Canon for normal shooting. :dunno:

Thank you for viewing and advice...
:)

when you shoot with tripod must turn off OIS.
and try to use the EVF instead of the LCD which puts you closer to the camera and not likely to shake that much,but must control breathing before snap the picture.
like when you're about to snap the picture,you should hold your breath before pressing the shutter.
picture quality wise i haven't use a canon before so i think you should just print out and compare which camera depth of field is better.

check that ur aperture is set to widest... it help to increase shutter speed alot but ur dof will be limited

Could it be focus problem? Try and select 3 point fast focus. I get lots of good shots.

OIS is definitely advantage over canon. Set it to mode 2.

If you want to shot macros, eg flowers, you have to use no zoom, or 12x zoom as indicated in the manual. Eg, if use 6x, the cam will refuse to focus.

To test OIS, shot a pic hand held, at 1/15s, and compare to canon ixus II of the same speed.

6x zoom wif macro is able to focus juz as well... it just that the working space will be further than 1m which mean if the subject is within 1m, you can't focus.

ANd i think 1/15s shutter ain't slow enough to test out OIS unless you purposely shake your hand/cam.
can try out at about 1/5s, at that speed it is easy to notice the difference between ois and non-ois

It could well be the way you are holding your camera, since you are so use to P&S camera, you might be one of those who use 2 hands to hold the 2 sides of the camera...

Try to use one hand to hold the base of the camera as a support and try.

or how about attach a small tripod to the base, hold the handle and the handgrip while you're shooting...

just my 2 cents.

send your camera in for checking...should not happen.
images are razor sharp when taken with mega OIS on.
I was able to take an image at maximum x48 zoom without problems!

48X zoom without problem provided the speed is fast.

Canon IXU II is how many times zoom as compared to FZ5?
if fz5 you always take photos at near max zoom, i doubt the quality will be good unless you shoot in decent lights condition

hmm for me when shooting handheld in low-light conditions, I switch the camera to S mode and set the shutter speed to 1/10.

photos will be underexposed, but at least they won't be blur. and that can be fixed with pp. :)

can also try setting the 2sec shutter delay. Sometimes as we press the shutter release, the cam moves slightly.

Last time i oso face problem of 'blurred image' wif my FZ5. I used to hav a P&S Olympus camera. That one almost anyway oso can shoot. But the FZ5... after a few tries then i start to use iso100 - 200 for indoor and low light shooting. No more blurring liao. Turns out well on 4-R prints. So i slowly get used to shooting at iso200. Have to live wif it ya, noisy pics are better off than not taking any:)

the problem with panasonic is noise.
have OIS but cannot go up high ISO due to small sensor in most 5mp cameras.
fuji with high ISO performance don't have OIS.
is simply like you have this but can't have that.
oh yah it didn't won the european super zoom award for nothing but i have totally no idea of this when i bought the camera.

Cel.QQ said:
Beside this, when I compare with Canon pic, its quality worse than Canon.

I think you are mistaken with that..Fz5's quality is as good as Canon's S2 and even better. The Venus II engine with the leica lens reduces the chromatic abbaration caused by intense sunlight in most images better than the S2. The high speed focusing is also on par with a DSLR. You can say that the FZ5 is almost identical to the FZ30 except for its size and some other features.

Noise with panasonic is quite historical, but you have to understand each camera has its advantages and its limitations. Its either we adapt to it or simply change it..

Status
Not open for further replies.