Panasonic DMC-FZ1 or Canon A60

Status
Not open for further replies.

star77

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
Looking for a 2mp cam.
mind you guys gimme some opinions on which one is better of the 2 models?

not sure which 1 to consider.
the optical zoom and the stabiliser of the FZ1 is really tempting over the canon

for those who have tried those 2 models, how you find the pics quality, features, nightshots pics etc?

thanks in advance :)

FZ1 zoom is fantastic, no need for tripod but is hope-less at low light situation eg night. It needs lots of light and contrast.
Also no manual control over aperture and shutter speed.

any comments in terms of photo quality by the users of these 2 cams?
does FZ1 has very bad CA?

Image quality of FZ1 is good. Not sure about A60.
BTW whats CA ?

Can't understand why so many people compliant that FZ1 is no good in low light. I got one and it works great in low light. Most of my shot taken at 1/60sec at full zoom were sharp, some taken at 1/8 sec were sharp for static objects at full zoom. The only problem is its relatively weak flash, but who needs a flash when you can get sharp photos at low shutter speed, BTW, the "hand shake" symbol is just a warning when ss full below 1/125 sec, just ignore it!!!

Hi,

I am a user of the DMC-F1 and love the leica lens. :D If the picture quality I get on my machine is any indication of that of the FZ1 ( I actually think it is ) then I think u have pretty good package if u don't mind the 2 mg pix and the lack of manual control.

If u looking for zoom..........FZ1 is the best ard.....:D

Cheers
Kilkenny

Status
Not open for further replies.