Panasonic confirms new camera including FZ15 &FZ20

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would also mean you have to wait for another 3-4 mths before purchasing the new camera. :)

Parallel said:
That would also mean you have to wait for another 3-4 mths before purchasing the new camera. :)

I hope not. hopefully they can put it in the market in 2 months time.

dotti said:
how do you know it'll be better?? :devil:

Because technology can only get better and better. :)

lightning69 said:
Because technology can only get better and better. :)

Then you are wrong. Many have agreed that 4mp on FZ10 sensor is already reaching its optimal. From the spec, it seems they are trying to sequeeze in 1mp to lure more users. We have seen how canon have failed in their upgrade from g3 to g5 which resulted in more noise.

dotti said:
NO!!! ;( :sweat: :D

Dun worry, dotti. In 3 mths time, you will be a better photographer that those who keeps waiting for better and newer technology. :D

shutterfly said:
Then you are wrong. Many have agreed that 4mp on FZ10 sensor is already reaching its optimal. From the spec, it seems they are trying to sequeeze in 1mp to lure more users. We have seen how canon have failed in their upgrade from g3 to g5 which resulted in more noise.

I didn't say I'm gonna purchase the FZ20! :confused: I might just go for the FZ15 which might be an improvement over the FZ10's weaknesses.

And why would you think that the FZ20 might use the same CCD as the FZ10 by just sqeezing out more pixel? It might be a completely new CCD, a larger one perhaps that might improve its low light performance. I'm just saying it could be!!!

Don't ASSUME it to be like canon. Because if you assume wrongly, you would make an "ASS out of U and ME"

;p

lightning69 said:
I didn't say I'm gonna purchase the FZ20! :confused: I might just go for the FZ15 which might be an improvement over the FZ10's weaknesses.

And why would you think that the FZ20 might use the same CCD as the FZ10 by just sqeezing out more pixel? It might be a completely new CCD, a larger one perhaps that might improve its low light performance. I'm just saying it could be!!!

Don't ASSUME it to be like canon. Because if you assume wrongly, you would make an "ASS out of U and ME"

;p

Pls re-read. I did not say that it is definitely going to be like Canon. I am just saying newer doesn't always equal to better. Sure they can make a larger sensor but it will only result in a bulkier and more expensive camera. Also I am just making a general statement, not targeting at you.

If you ask me, I think the FZ15 is merely the FZ10 with a firmware upgrade. This happened in the case of the FZ1 and FZ2. As for technology improving with time, it sometimes doesn't happen that way - I have owned the FZ1 which I upgraded the firmware to FZ2 and frankly speaking, apart from the increase in megapixels and the manual controls of the FZ10, the FZ1 (FZ2) still gives the impression of being a faster camera in terms of processing speed and manageability. I am comparing taking pictures of the same frame size. Furthermore, let's ask ourselves: How many of us actually print on or beyond A4 size? Can Leica produce a better and faster lens for the upcoming models? If yes, I would definitely like to see that. If no, how much more are you going to foot for that extra megapixel?

I am very satisfied with my FZ10.

going by the past experience of fz1 and fz10 - after the announcement, it will take a couple of months before it is available in japan and then a further few months before it arrives in singapore. unless they decide to do a worldwide or regional launch this time, it can be up to 3-6 months before we can see them in singapore

like all other tech gadgets, there is no end to upgrading and there is no end to waiting as well. if you need it, do some research, just buy it and dont look back. just my personal opinion ;)

Hi,

I've felt something boiling here. Peace, love and no war man :bsmilie: :heart: . Btw, I am proud owner of Oly c8080 but recently exchange with my girlfriend's Pana FZ10 to try it out (me interested in nature and wildlife shooting).

After 1 day of usage, I am impressed with its performance and photo quality and must say that this cam 'Pana FZ10' is a dedicated serious piece of photographic hardware :thumbsup: .

Hope that the price of this babe will drop further soon due the launch of new Z15 and Z20, so that I can give myself a good excuse to buy it.

Once again, peace, love and no war. :bsmilie:

Cheers

shutterfly said:
Dun worry, dotti. In 3 mths time, you will be a better photographer that those who keeps waiting for better and newer technology. :D
i feel better now...

my take on this is that everyone's got their choice on when and which camera they want to buy....so lets all cool it! as long as we are pana's children we must stand as one! :sweatsm:

Did anyone copy the original message announced?

All I get when I try to access the site is this:

Sorry, the product category you requested does not exist or is not available

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

I think panasonic might have remove it.

Feinwerkbau said:
Did anyone copy the original message announced?

All I get when I try to access the site is this:

Sorry, the product category you requested does not exist or is not available

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

so panasonic finally found some fault with their new camera and decided not to release it ha?

coldman said:
so panasonic finally found some fault with their new camera and decided not to release it ha?

Oh no, the IT guys over at pana are suppose to keep the site off from public access untill the formal announcement on the 20th July but somehow the site got leak out. The are now disabling the link probably until the formal annoucement.

The FZ3 has been announced with 3mp, Venus 2 engine, faster start up reaction time, a few millimeters smaller than FZ1/FZ2.

Shortest release time lag 0.008 sec, start up time not confirmed.
Extra bits Tiff, 1/3/9 point AF, real time histogram display, AF assist lamp, spot AF, 30fps movies, 290g

Status
Not open for further replies.