Panasonic Cam Prices @ Comex 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junye

Sep 2, 2005
hmmmm just let the brothers here know about the pricing about the panasonic cameras sold at Comex 2005. FZ30 and LX1 is Presales. no free gifts i think.

FZ30
$1199

LX1
$999

FX9
$749
Free Gifts: Cam case, 512MB SD, 256MB SD, Safety Case, Cleaning Kit

FX8
$599
Free Gifts: Cam Case, 512MB SD, Cleaning Kit

LS1
$359
Free Gifts: Cam Case, 512MB SD, Cleaning Kit, 4pc Oxyride Batts

LZ1
$449

LZ2
$549

FZ5
Free Gifts: Cam Case, 512MB SD, 256MB SD, Cleaning Kit, Bino
$799

Cheers!
Hmmmm do hope Panasonic would think of sellin their cams at more attractive prices in the future though:bigeyes: :lovegrin:

----------
Updated. thanks bros!

thanks for the update!

Updated: FX8 is now $599 and 2x 512mb SD card.

I think you left out the price of FZ5.

like canon, they seem very reluctant to give discount.
the fz5 is selling at normal $799. only diff is they offering more free gifts.
if you are not interested in them, better to pay around $660 and get from MS or AP...

satay said:
Updated: FX8 is now $599 and 2x 512mb SD card.
hmm

the pirce from from 749 to 599 in like less than 2 months

should i wait till drop further?

Bent: get a equote from the shops. helps!
Dun bother to call up or walk in. the prices nt as good.

eh wait then u will get other better cams right?
i hear fx7 better than fx8 issit. the lens

Junye said:

equote?

as in by email?

fx 7 where got better than fx 8. fx 8 got so many more new stuff
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicfx9/

isnt lens same?

Eh.. I suggest you look at song brothers for normal PnS. Many purist will find it offensive, but the BIG 3 (MS, AP, CP) all sell cameras at more expensive prices than Song Brothers @ Sim Lim. If you don't believe me, go and ask yourself and see. and they give alot alot of extra goodies for the price. I rem the time i got the FX8, the big 3 were pricing the camera a good $20 or $30 more expensive than Song Bros, and with alot less goodies (Song bros gave extra batt, extra 512X2 (IIRC), extra case VS extra 521)

unseen said:
Eh.. I suggest you look at song brothers for normal PnS. Many purist will find it offensive, but the BIG 3 (MS, AP, CP) all sell cameras at more expensive prices than Song Brothers @ Sim Lim. If you don't believe me, go and ask yourself and see. and they give alot alot of extra goodies for the price. I rem the time i got the FX8, the big 3 were pricing the camera a good $20 or $30 more expensive than Song Bros, and with alot less goodies (Song bros gave extra batt, extra 512X2 (IIRC), extra case VS extra 521)

that's odd...first time I heard song brothers offering cheaper than the others...
likely a recent development if its true...maybe driven by competition ...
whatever the reason, should be good news to buyers...maybe they will sell the fz30 at $799! :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

airconvent said:
that's odd...first time I heard song brothers offering cheaper than the others...
likely a recent development if its true...maybe driven by competition ...
whatever the reason, should be good news to buyers...maybe they will sell the fz30 at $799! :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

me too...

99% feedback i heard for them is :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

k3nn3th03 said:
me too...

99% feedback i heard for them is :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

Give the Song brothers a chance la....don't buai Song them :bsmilie:

actually if u look for the older looking staffs...they are more accomodating and flexible
had bargain price with them before..not all are bad

Junye said:
yes equote = email.
:D
i email them liao still no reply..

Well, 3 weeks ago, I was walking around SLS, didn't intend to buy anything as my usual window shopping. Then I saw the Canon CP400 printer in Song Brother, after enquirying the price, I paid $249 for the printer and they charge me $35 for 108print of paper. I then asked why $35? newspaper mentioned it is 30cents per print! The sales man replied it is 32cents so the newspaper just put about 30cents. I bought the printer and a pack of paper.

My friend saw my printer, and asked me to help her to buy, so I went to MS Color, they sold me the printer for $159, with the Canon free gift collected from the shop, better still, a pack of 108 print paper cost only $30 from MS Color.

On another occation, I paid $415 for a 6G Ipod Mini few months ago from Song Brother, and I believe that was the best buy.

Above are my true encountered, you decide each shop gives a good price.

The basic principle behand is that, some shops are honours and some are not. The honours shop will not raise the price, whereas, so some shops will look at the behaviour of the buyer, if you don't seems to know the item, like my first case, they will not give good price. I can't blame Song Brother for cheating me for the printer because that is Canon's recommended retail price. I can declare I was cheated by Song brother for the price of the paper because the RRP should be $32.9 but they sold to me at $35.

Wow - my friend just called me from COMEX -
FX8 $649 with additional battery, 1gb kingston card, screen protector, casing and cleaning kit
FX9 $749 with additional battery, 2x512mb kingston card, screen protector, casing and cleaning kit.

Not bad at all!

yihyng said:
Wow - my friend just called me from COMEX -
FX8 $649 with additional battery, 1gb kingston card, screen protector, casing and cleaning kit
FX9 $749 with additional battery, 2x512mb kingston card, screen protector, casing and cleaning kit.

Not bad at all!
isnt the fx 8 $599? with all the goodies mentioned?

bent said:
isnt the fx 8 $599? with all the goodies mentioned?

i actually asked the sales staff today about this, and they told me that $599 was yesterday's price. price has gone up to $649 today due to falling stock levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.