Panaroma of Yang Ming Shang Plateau - Qing Tian Gang (large file - 270KB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
went up there to take a look... it's a plateau where Taiwanese go to rest, relax and just roll in the grass.... and also view stars/meteors at night.

qing_tian_gang_small_saturated_small.jpg

This is my first panaroma in a long long time. Comments are welcome.

(pic was subsequently edited and replaced)

hi there.

care to share ya settings?
wat lens did u use?

using Canon EF 24-85. The first scene was metered as ISO 200/f9/1/320s and the rest were taken using the same settings.

note that the settings depend entirely on the scene. you simply choose an aperture that offers sufficient depth of field for the scene (I could use f/11 or f/16 too), meter the first part and take the rest accordingly. but do take care if there is significant difference in exposure between different parts of the scene.

Nice panaroma, mpenza.

I would have liked it to be bumped up more in terms of colours and sharpness, as that would certainly create a bigger impact on the viewer.

I've taken the liberty to bump it up for you, hope you don't mind.

panedit.jpg

Thanks. Bumping up the colours does make it looked much better!

Here's my own attempt:

[edit]The first pic was replaced[/edit]

What size is your digital file image? When you put to the highest resolution, there is no edge to the pictures when you join them?

I didn't manually stitch. used a software called PixAround Lite. I actually reduced the resolution of the component image files before doing the stitching (my old computer hanged if I use too high a resolution). might try again with the full resolution files.... then I could print out A3 to hang on my workstation ;p

I see loads of local contrast enhancement.;)
Good job on the post processing to enhance a good shot.

mpenza, i see that you've removed the original panorama. is it possible to show us what the previous one looks like? i find it's difficult to take a good panorama because of differing exposure requirements for various parts of the photo. if exposure fix too high, some parts overexpose, and if too low, vice versa.

frcfyp said:
mpenza, i see that you've removed the original panorama. is it possible to show us what the previous one looks like? i find it's difficult to take a good panorama because of differing exposure requirements for various parts of the photo. if exposure fix too high, some parts overexpose, and if too low, vice versa.

should still have it at home.....

good shot!:) would like to see more of the path on the left tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.