Panaroma in C5050

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndroo

Staff member
Nov 22, 2003
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
Since the panaroma feature is only available using Olympus xD cards, can we shoot and save into the xD, then copy to CF? Later when we extract from CF, can we still stich them? What if we are using Panaroma Factory? Is it correct to say that we can only switch to panaroma mode if we choose the xD card option?

sadly, only with the Olympus XD card you can shoot paranoma.

how to move from XD card to CF card? no idea, we can do that?

you can only do paranoma in P mode and with a Oly XD Card.
this is what the Consultant for Oly at the digital workshop mention.

renegade said:
Since the panaroma feature is only available using Olympus xD cards, can we shoot and save into the xD, then copy to CF? Later when we extract from CF, can we still stich them? What if we are using Panaroma Factory? Is it correct to say that we can only switch to panaroma mode if we choose the xD card option?

The built-in panorama feature in C5050 will be available with xD selected, but it does not mean you cannot take panorama pictures with CF.

Yes, you can simply copy the panorama pictures from xD to CF, the Auto Panorama function in Camedia Master 4 will still accept those pictures.

From my understanding, the built-in panorama feature in C5050 is something like a "wizard" to guide your panorama shots, such as the overlapping area on the left/right side of the pictures and lock the exposure/shutter settings in a sequence of panorama shots.

Without this built-in feature, you may still use manual exposure/shutter to fix a setting and compose you panorama shoots with proper overlapping area covered to achieve the same results, but you will need software like Panorama Factory or upgrade to Camedia Mater Pro 4 (there is a Free Stitch Panorama fuction in this Pro version). If you are serious into panorama, Panorama Factory will be a better choice. Just my opinion.

xfusion said:
The built-in panorama feature in C5050 will be available with xD selected, but it does not mean you cannot take panorama pictures with CF.

Yes, you can simply copy the panorama pictures from xD to CF, the Auto Panorama function in Camedia Master 4 will still accept those pictures.

From my understanding, the built-in panorama feature in C5050 is something like a "wizard" to guide your panorama shots, such as the overlapping area on the left/right side of the pictures and lock the exposure/shutter settings in a sequence of panorama shots.

Without this built-in feature, you may still use manual exposure/shutter to fix a setting and compose you panorama shoots with proper overlapping area covered to achieve the same results, but you will need software like Panorama Factory or upgrade to Camedia Mater Pro 4 (there is a Free Stitch Panorama fuction in this Pro version). If you are serious into panorama, Panorama Factory will be a better choice. Just my opinion.

oic. do this means that if i were to use Panorama Factory, I could just take pics stored in my CF n stich them. No need for the Olympus xD. Right? One more question, when in Panorama mode, the 5050 doesn't show some leftmost part of the previous shot, as a guide. Is that correct? I just see two rectangles (on the left & right). I read somewhere that some cameras do show u the left portion of the previous pic (as a guide). As for the exposure locking when using Panorama mode, is the AEL somehow meant for that?

Thanks

renegade said:
oic. do this means that if i were to use Panorama Factory, I could just take pics stored in my CF n stich them. No need for the Olympus xD. Right?
Yes.
renegade said:
One more question, when in Panorama mode, the 5050 doesn't show some leftmost part of the previous shot, as a guide. Is that correct?
Same here.
renegade said:
I read somewhere that some cameras do show u the left portion of the previous pic (as a guide).
On some Canon camaras that I have tried, they do show the previous picture. Quite surprised since those are cheaper and low-end camaras as compared to C5050 :(
renegade said:
As for the exposure locking when using Panorama mode, is the AEL somehow meant for that?
Not sure. AEL is not available in the built-in panorama mode, may be it's turned on by default. But if you were to take panorama manually with CF, AEL will be a good aid.

Status
Not open for further replies.