Panadols, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
everything also have side effect if you take too much of it, whether medicine or not, as long as you are taking within the stated dosage, side effects are rare.

As long as the effect of the medicine justify over the side effect, the medicine is worth it.

Ask yourself, do you faced any side effect after taking Panadol/paracetamol since you are young, well if you don't count on haveto go back to work or study :bsmilie: .

Cheesecake said:
been taking Panadols since young whenever i've fever.

but recently a friend advised me not to take them as they haf some side effect..

any truth?

wats ur frequency like? like the scoring form of LFC?:think: or schummi standing on the podium this season?:dunno:

Cheesecake said:
been taking Panadols since young whenever i've fever.

but recently a friend advised me not to take them as they haf some side effect..

any truth?

If I'm not wrong, your body will evolve and those bacteria (or germs or whatever they call those that cause flu or other sickness) will develop immunity and render panadol useless.

melvin said:
wats ur frequency like? like the scoring form of LFC?:think: or schummi standing on the podium this season?:dunno:
took up to 10panadols a day! :sweat:

now i m goin to stop. my body needs more and more panadols to achieve the same results as before.:sweat:

dawgbyte77 said:
If I'm not wrong, your body will evolve and those bacteria (or germs or whatever they call those that cause flu or other sickness) will develop immunity and render panadol useless.
but the flu viruses are evolving all the time. u can never be immuned to flu viruses... right?:embrass:

Cheesecake said:
think i need Kilkenny more than anything else. :bsmilie:

accurate?

Liver failure! :sweat:

toxicity is overdosing (taking a handful in 1 go) which is different from long term usage. Even vitamins can be deadly if overdosed. :)

actually long time usage of panadol can cause liver failure.

long time usage usually means say 4 -8 a day for a long period.

long time usage is not i have taken panadol since young when i get sick, but only sick 3-4 times a year.

Cheesecake said:

now i m goin to stop. my body needs more and more panadols to achieve the same results as before.:sweat:
maximum is 2 tablets 4 times (at least every 4 to 6 hours apart) a day.

So you are overdosing yourself :bigeyes: , must cut down.

Cheesecake said:
but the flu viruses are evolving all the time. u can never be immuned to flu viruses... right?:embrass:

but paracetamol can still help common cold n fever by targetting the germs.. unless the germs is so used to paracetamol and became immune. But 10x a day is quite a lot. I normally take 2 pills in 1 go but 6 / day is my max. I have to agree with your friend that you need to cut down. Take mentos instead... and then drink diet coke. :)

Cheesecake said:

think ur body is immuned to panadol. or r u addicted to it?:think:

Cheesecake said:

I do not take much panadol and have since taken even less since Panadol came out with their new product "panadol extra", I asked myself, why do they need panadol extra is it that our headaches and fever have gotten worst over the years? not possible right? then it can only mean one thing "we are getting immune to the regular formulae", you continue, one day you will need "panadol platinum":thumbsd:

dawgbyte77 said:
but paracetamol can still help common cold n fever by targetting the germs.. unless the germs is so used to paracetamol and became immune. But 10x a day is quite a lot. I normally take 2 pills in 1 go but 6 / day is my max. I have to agree with your friend that you need to cut down. Take mentos instead... and then drink diet coke. :)
wa.. mentos and diet coke. will my bidy explode? :bsmilie:

Nikonnew said:
I do not take much panadol and have since taken even less since Panadol came out with their new product "panadol extra", I asked myself, why do they need panadol extra is it that our headaches and fever have gotten worst over the years? not possible right? then it can only mean one thing "we are getting immune to the regular formulae", you continue, one day you will need "panadol platinum":thumbsd:
:sweat: common flu will kill us all in the future.

Think u got to get to the root of your problem!!! And fast! As tvjames have said it is bad for your liver!

dawgbyte77 said:

dawgbyte77 said:
:sweat:
The one that virus or batteria can develop immunity are those Anti-viral or Antibiotic medicines.

Paracetamol are not Anti-viral or Antibiotic medicines, but it help to regulate our body temperature if we have fever, and it's a pain killer as well.

though some seem to feed back if taken paracetamol for long term for headache like symptom, and if you suddenly stop taking, the headache will be back. So you need to cut down the consumption slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.