Pana FZ20 $1099 At IT Show Worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nad said:
sounds good... it is like what, $35?

I got mine for $35 each. white label with green words.

But on this sub forum there have been posts that ppl have managed to get the eastgear batts at only $23... friggin cheap IMO, but not sure of the validity of the claims.

rhair78 said:
Good day donchua,

- EVF is place extreme left side, different from standard SLR types. If your using left eye to focus, your nose and mouth will end up "moisturising" the LCD.

Why does this seem to be quoted from me? Hrmm..

Actually the issue is less of lubricating the LCD. It's when your thumb reaches for the buttons to change the exposure settings.. It will jab your face/ eye. =p

John Teoh said:
You a bit late lah... I really put up all the batteries with my FZ20 for sale.

Cheers
John

Aiya... why i don't see the ad early? :(
I also looking for addtional batt, cheap cheap....
$35 for 1 OEM bat, is it worth? Infor get from last week at Tekka shopping mall. There open 1 new shop

donchua said:
The FZ20 is price at $1099 at the IT Show with the below freebies:

2 X 256MB SD Card
Big Tripod
Carrier Bag
CGA S002 Battery
1 + 2 year Extended Warranty.

Compare to shop like MS Color $912 (free 1 256MB SD & case),
will be paying $187 for a 256MB SD, Big Tripod, CGA batt &
2 year extended warranty in the show, worth?
Thanks.

good deal at 100+ more....at least for the extended warranty :)

Shierly said:
Aiya... why i don't see the ad early? :(
I also looking for addtional batt, cheap cheap....
$35 for 1 OEM bat, is it worth? Infor get from last week at Tekka shopping mall. There open 1 new shop

AP is selling at $25 and East Gear one is about $35 but someone mentioned can get at $27. Personally, I find the East Gear one better.

Cheers
John

rainman said:
good deal at 100+ more....at least for the extended warranty :)

Actually the extended warranty quite subjective and it is non-transferable. So if you are getting it as a gift for someone, don't bother with the extended warranty.

Cheers
John

John Teoh said:
Actually the extended warranty quite subjective and it is non-transferable. So if you are getting it as a gift for someone, don't bother with the extended warranty.

Cheers
John

The HN warranty, how does it work, when the set is spoilt after year 1, then send to HN, HN send to Panasonic or they will repair the set themself :dunno:

mlwang said:
The HN warranty, how does it work, when the set is spoilt after year 1, then send to HN, HN send to Panasonic or they will repair the set themself :dunno:

No idea man... but there is a term and condition. Maybe I scan and put it up for you all to see.

Cheers
John

John Teoh said:
No idea man... but they is a lot of term and condition. Maybe I scan and put it up for you all to see.

Cheers
John

John thanks a lot in advance :)

Ok, this is the term and conditions. But this is in Oct 2004. Not sure if they have change the term and condition for this IT show.

You can also view from here .

normal_Picture%20001.jpg

normal_Picture%202.jpg

Cheers
John

John Teoh said:
AP is selling at $25 and East Gear one is about $35 but someone mentioned can get at $27. Personally, I find the East Gear one better.

Cheers
John

where's the store selling $35? U means the brand East Gear is better? Me "sua gu" la :embrass:
how long can it last? i personally find that the original batt is not quite lasting. :(
AP selling what brand? $25 cheap cheap ;p , but don't no the quality :sweat:

i think the warranty is quite standard, and comprehensive. it's a bonus to have :D

Shierly said:
where's the store selling $35? U means the brand East Gear is better? Me "sua gu" la :embrass:
how long can it last? i personally find that the original batt is not quite lasting. :(
AP selling what brand? $25 cheap cheap ;p , but don't no the quality :sweat:

Personally I felt the Original is ok. For East gear and AP, I vote for East Gear. Somehow or rather, I felt East Gear one is able to hold charge better than AP one.

Cheers
John

if u think it is ok,then go take it :)

or try to ask them cut down some more on the freebies u dont want,worth to try ;)

John Teoh said:
If you hold your FZ20 for the next 3 years, it is a bonus.

Cheers
John

probably will, no intention to go to dark side :p

BTW, where can i get the 72mm UV filter to act as lens protector, and how much will it cost?

mlwang said:

BTW, where can i get the 72mm UV filter to act as lens protector, and how much will it cost?

You can go to CP and get the Tokina one. If you use Phayee adaptor which is 62mm, it will be much cheaper. I manage to get 1 x 62mm UV filter for $10.

Cheers
John

mlwang said:

Yeah!!! :cheers: Panasonic RocKs!!!

If you're willing to wait for about 1 week, I should be able to sell you mine cheap cheap... Also will be selling my CP filter.

John Teoh said:
Personally I felt the Original is ok. For East gear and AP, I vote for East Gear. Somehow or rather, I felt East Gear one is able to hold charge better than AP one.

Cheers
John

Thanks John. By the way, the shop at Sim Lim? where? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.