Pana FZ18 user!!! Come in here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifesaving

Oct 19, 2007
Any old bird over here with FZ18 can organize a trip for us junior to learn skills? I just got my FZ18 and need guidance and hands on skills.

Perhaps we can make use of this thead to find out what did you add on for your FZ18 to make it the top most powerful prosumer in the world. UV filter? CPL lens? wide / tele convertor? etc.

Any old bird over here with FZ18 can organize a trip for us junior to learn skills? I just got my FZ18 and need guidance and hands on skills.

Perhaps we can make use of this thead to find out what did you add on for your FZ18 to make it the top most powerful prosumer in the world. UV filter? CPL lens? wide / tele convertor? etc.
maybe you can org 1 yourself and let those interested join.

Hello.. i got my FZ18 for a month.. hope to see ur photos around here..

Hi
i got my FZ18 last friday
if there is a gathering do sign me up :)

Hello.. i got my FZ18 for a month.. hope to see ur photos around here..

Hey anyone of you use CPL filter?

Wat thead size? 46mm directly to the lens? or 55mm?

it's 46mm screw in filter..

no. dun forget your lens barrel will be retracting when you power down the cam

if you do so, the step up ring will prevent the barrel from retracting. :eek:

hiw much did u all bought this camera, any regret?

hiw much did u all bought this camera, any regret?

nope not at all, I did research of prosumer camera, and compare their image in reliable webby information. Well i quite satified with my cam. Erm prehaps its me the one who cant fully perform it well haha.

$700 with 2nd batt, 2 gb SD, and case.

Hey go buy from MS color ang mo kio, $650 nett with 2 gb and case.

nope not at all, I did research of prosumer camera, and compare their image in reliable webby information. Well i quite satified with my cam. Erm prehaps its me the one who cant fully perform it well haha.

MS Color stock for FZ18 has arrived?

wahh..quite expensive leh..
i thought the price gonna be below canon S5..
will wait for sitex and see whether any promo around..

I thought some shops selling at like $642 with free mem card and bag?

Very first requirement for most zooms for optimum outdoor performance...UV filter 46mm. You can just leave it on permanently as lens protector too. Try this; Picture Q settings at Contrast -2, Sharpness +1, Saturation +1, NR -2. At ISO100, well lit situations, this should work so much better than default settings. A polarizer will help in non uniform lighting, too reflective surfaces situations. (Not just based on research, advise, other forums, and reviews...actually tried all these myself. They work!)

where is the best place to buy this camera now?
i've seen the prices in US amazon, !usd 320 which works out to ard $500.. those in SG appears to be >$600..

Very first requirement for most zooms for optimum outdoor performance...UV filter 46mm. You can just leave it on permanently as lens protector too. Try this; Picture Q settings at Contrast -2, Sharpness +1, Saturation +1, NR -2. At ISO100, well lit situations, this should work so much better than default settings. A polarizer will help in non uniform lighting, too reflective surfaces situations. (Not just based on research, advise, other forums, and reviews...actually tried all these myself. They work!)

Usually how much is a reasonable uv filter cost?

Wat is UV MRC?

I just got my FZ18 3 days ago...still figuring out how to take good photos...hope to learn from all you seniors and talented folks here! :)

I just got my FZ18 3 days ago...still figuring out how to take good photos...hope to learn from all you seniors and talented folks here! :)

How's the noise? Is it that bad?

How's the noise? Is it that bad?

So far, I do not find that there is servere noise issues. I guess under the most unfavourable conditions, noise will be apparent in many makes/models. I'm still learning, but so far, the camera is great.

So far, I do not find that there is servere noise issues. I guess under the most unfavourable conditions, noise will be apparent in many makes/models. I'm still learning, but so far, the camera is great.

I got my cam and went for a 3 day 2 night camp at ubin.

Well quite impress with the cam but the software for editing is way suck!

Seriously i prefer nikon picture project, idiot proof, good auto editing, and will not lag!

So guys what did you guys use"Software" for editing?

Status
Not open for further replies.