Pampered Singaporeans?

It's just the media trying to sensationalise things for readership etc. Have we heard from the man himself? Could it have been really so bad that he felt he needed medical attention so he filed the police report to facilitate subsequent medical insurance claims? FYI filing a police report doesn't necessarily mean he's preparing to sue the shop.

Coming from a website named everythingalsocomplain.com? That name already put me off. Also the choice of words... not even professional, just some kids with an attitude and silliness.

Be careful when travelling in a neighbouring country there are people trying to poison, incapacitate or harm our countrymen with spicy hot foods.

To be safe stay with international food outlets such as KFC, Hungry Jack, Mcdonalds, Subway etc.

:)

LOL. Haha ya stay safe, eat only Macs, KFC and Subway. Unfortunately I am guilty of that sometimes.

Aiyoh I think its more the kiasi trait rather than pampered mentality. Maybe he's afraid something serious, even critical. might happen to him, whether its from the chilli or some other ingredients (poison maybe?) in the food. So he reported it to put it on record & if anything happened it can be traced back to the right person to be held accountable Crunch a bunch of chilli padi in your mouth, you may feel, think you are going to die :)

Last edited:
May be the cook mistaken "not too spicy" as "not spicy enough" so he triple the chilli sauces :bsmilie:

Like that who dare to serve Singaporean.
Everything want cheap n complain so much

Haha Macs safe? Check this out & watch the pink slime video at the end :)http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2092127/Jamie-Oliver-Victory-McDonalds-stops-using-pink-slime-burger-recipe.html or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wshlnRWnf30

From my experience, if one can see exactly how some of these hawkers, food stalls or shops actually prepare their food &/or wash their dishes, guaranteed lose appetite & swear off their food forever, even in Spore :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Are Singaporeans becoming too pampered and becoming more like USA where we sue for everything and will soon be too afraid to step out of our own front door?

http://everythingalsocomplain.com/2...-making-police-report-over-spicy-nasi-goreng/

How does a litigious society equate to being 'pampered'? :dunno:

1. To treat with excessive indulgence
2. To give in to; gratify:

I think most of us feel more squeezed by the Gov, than pampered. ;p

Anyway, the statement about 'becoming more like USA', may be such a generalized statement, to the point of being a myth.

The truth is that Americans don't sue that much at all. Seriously, who do you know who can afford to? But because the myth has been so successfully propagated, Americans have to live with the consequences of excessive law suit avoidance that tramples on the one thing that is supposed to be truly sacred in this country – our liberty.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/oct/24/america-litigious-society-myth

Come on. It's a couple of opportunists making headlines. It was one fella ("A Singaporean has filed a police report") doing something some people found newsworthy, then suddenly the whole population ("Are Singaporeans becoming...")gets lumped in together... I can only :bsmilie:

We're aware of the recent case/s of vandalism in the news.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/5-teens-charged-with/1101294.html

So should we be thinking:

"Are Singaporeans becoming too anti-establishment and becoming more like USA where we vandalise everything and will soon be covering everything outside with graffiti?"

Last edited:
Come on. It's a couple of opportunists making headlines. It was one fella ("A Singaporean has filed a police report") doing something some people found newsworthy, then suddenly the whole population ("Are Singaporeans becoming...")gets lumped in together... I can only :bsmilie:

Language time...

When whole foreigners were lumped into one and called uncivilized or whatever because one of them was acting out of place is called Xenophobic, what's the term for whole SG citizen lumped into one because one Singaporean was acting out of place?

:think:

Last edited:
Language time...

When whole foreigners were lumped into one and called uncivilized or whatever because one of them was acting out of place is called Xenophobic, what's the term for whole SG citizen lumped into one because one Singaporean was acting out of place?

:think:

"first world problems"

Mono-SG-Xenophobic? :)

kandinsky: (quote)

Come on. It's a couple of opportunists making headlines. It was one fella ("A Singaporean has filed a police report") doing something some people found newsworthy, then suddenly the whole population ("Are Singaporeans becoming...")gets lumped in together... I can only (end quote)

As someone with relatives on both sides of the border, now you can see why JB folks get upset when you label them as cowboy town. It may not be as safe as Singapore, but life still goes on for the streetwise folks of JB.

Just like a few muggings in London does not make it a muggers paradise although a few outside London in the UK itself seem to think so.

I compare USA to Singapore because they once had a pioneering and adventurous spirit like some of our forefathers. But just hearing some of the moans and groans from some of our present citizens is exactly like hearing some Americans talk about missing their burgers and chicken fries when they are abroad. We should all stop generalizing. Step out of our comfort zone and find out more, not only about the Wild West but also the hot, spicy wild East.

....Step out of our comfort zone and find out more, not only about the Wild West but also the hot, spicy wild East.

You are spot on about the hot, spicy wild East: :bsmilie:

LADYB.jpg

新明日报 said:
不满牛河加豆芽
阿嫂怒报警

不满牛肉河粉加豆芽,阿嫂与煮炒摊老板起争执,二度报警,还指遭老板拍肩非礼。

陈秀园(43岁,家庭主妇)告诉本报,她上周四下午3时40分左右和丈夫一同下楼吃饭,结果还没吃就被气饱了。

“我经常光顾这个煮炒摊,老板知道我不吃豆芽,一看到我就问,是不是要点牛肉河粉不加豆芽。我们点了一份牛河和两份米暹。”

但当摊位助手把牛肉河粉端上桌时,陈秀园发现里头加了豆芽。“我对豆芽过敏,吃了马上会皮肤发痒、泻肚子。我跟老板说牛肉河粉不要了,只要米暹就好,没想到他却翻脸。”

完整报道,请翻阅 13.05.2014 《新明日报》。
TL;DR Translation...

43 years old housewife char bor buay song bean sprouts included in beef hor fun. Called media, police and accused zi char stall's owner of molest.

Last edited: