Palprints Holiday Photo Contest 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say it Mr Pines but kind of agree with you that the voting here is quite fair. All the nice pics have been voted for but NO one has voted for me :(

Maybe all seems well so far because it is still early days? Closing date is 31 Dec.
I mean, think about it....why would any fake vote garnering experts want to strike this early and risk being identified? :think:

On a positive note, at least this contest is not a rights-grabbing exercise as "Eligible Entrant retains the copyright of all images submitted as competition entries".....although "the Eligible Entrant grants Palprints nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual and irrevocable right and license to copy, reproduce, publish in any media, distribute, and display all submitted photos, images, and text. "

Just for reference, take a look at this similarly conducted contest that concluded recently-
http://www.archifest.sg/index.php/happy/competition/

The top 10 voted entries were supposedly selected by a committee to be the winners. But they didn't mention how many prizes (or what prizes) were eventually given out.
:dunno:
But it is obvious to me how the best photo made it there.

... and apologies to the TS if I may be seemingly posting out-of-topic, so I'll just stop here.
:sweatsm:

Maybe all seems well so far because it is still early days? Closing date is 31 Dec.
I mean, think about it....why would any fake vote garnering experts want to strike this early and risk being identified? :think:

On a positive note, at least this contest is not a rights-grabbing exercise as "Eligible Entrant retains the copyright of all images submitted as competition entries".....although "the Eligible Entrant grants Palprints nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual and irrevocable right and license to copy, reproduce, publish in any media, distribute, and display all submitted photos, images, and text. "

Agreed. Yes, I noticed that too. With the minute amount of legal jargon i know, i think palprints had no choice but to put that in the disclaimer as they are "publishing" and "reproducing" entrant's photos on their facebook page. So no choice, got to put that in. But it is one of the fairer and more reasonable T&Cs i have seen in recent contests.

Wow Mike. If you are the same Mike who is also taking part in this contest. U ROCK! Excellent pics!:thumbsup:

Wow Mike. If you are the same Mike who is also taking part in this contest. U ROCK! Excellent pics!:thumbsup:

Yes, that's me. I can only wish that most voters there have your sense of appreciation cos the majority of votes aren't coming to my pics.
:think:

Perhaps I should try rallying my 20+ facebook friends to vote for mine...;)
....but then again, what's the point?.... I simply don't stand a chance against the other few entries that have already garnered 100+ votes within a day or so. :bigeyes:

Well, I'll just be contented to have received genuine appreciation, such as yours. So thanks for the compliments!
:)

Last edited:
That's the spirit Mike. I wished everyone thought like u. Many Photography contests have contestants that have become too mercenary and egoistic and have forgotten their love for photography. Enjoying, shooting and sharing pics. If i had 20+ friends like u, i would invite them to check out the site and see who they vote for. Maybe they vote for you and maybe they don't but most important is u shared ur pics with friends. :)

After u posted up that article, i was a bit suspicious too and then i noticed 2 particular entries with tons of votes but the funny thing is the fan base did not grow all that much. So i came to one conclusion. The fan base only likes Japan mountain and not Swiss mountain, Cambodia sunset and not Paris sunset. LOL, I think only u can catch my joke. ;)

To be fair, those pics were decent. So if u want to get more votes got to submit more Asian flavoured ones? ;)

Anyway i enjoy viewing your pics and looks like u got your own fan base already. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the encouragement, mrpines.
Besides letting others enjoy viewing them, I'm also glad that my photos are helping to highlight the differences in the fan base groups. ;)

Here's another contest that has just started the voting process. For this contest, voting constitutes only 20% of the final score with the other 80% coming from judges. Although it just started today, I can already see a very strong fan base group actively voting throughout the day. They all seem to be proud residents of The Pinnacle flats. :bsmilie:

http://app.www.sg/photocontest_cat1_s.aspx
(...again apologies to the TS if I'm going off-topic. I'll not let it happen again :sweat:)

Hi Mike, U seem to be one of the better photographers in the palprints photo contest. Don't give up. Ur pics are nice. After comparing my pics to the rest. I know that i still got a long way to go.

Hi Mike, U seem to be one of the better photographers in the palprints photo contest. Don't give up. Ur pics are nice. After comparing my pics to the rest. I know that i still got a long way to go.

Agreed! After looking at all the entries, can say that Mike's is in the top 3:thumbsup:

I too posted a pic of mine but no one voted for me. Fair not fair i don't know but i think some of the photos there are really nice.

Since no one voted for me, Palprints just made my day! I am getting a Gift for just taking part! Now i don't need to worry about the nicer photos. Wahahahaha!!

Status
Not open for further replies.