Palm or Windows CE, which do you prefer?

Palm or Windows CE, which do you prefer?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You saw the model from HP? 4700 ... see liao will dream of her everynite ... :kiss:

Thinking of upgrade my hp 1910 to hp 4700 ... but $999 for a PPC ..... :bheart:
Rather spend it to buy 2 prime lens lor .... :lovegrin:

I prefer Palm. Been using them for a long time now. No blue screen. No hanging. Best of all is that software is all over the place.:thumbsup:

Using Windows PDA for years , so far, so good. Actually, it doesn't hang if I run it properly.

Have been using Win CE for few years now.
So far so good.

6 years with the Palm OS. Too reliant on Ultrasoft Money now I can't move to PPC even if I want to. Seriously, still prefers the simplicity of the Palm OS. Don't see a reason to upgrade my 3 year old Clie NR70V.

actually, I used both.
But still find that a $1.35 notebook and a pilot gel pen from Popular beats them hands down.

Palm got plenty of software support.
It's just unfortunate that the recent offerings by Palm isn't too enticing. Too expensive.

have not use symbian or windows ce before, they give BSOD? now windows ce is known as windows mobile os right?

AReality said:
actually, I used both.
But still find that a $1.35 notebook and a pilot gel pen from Popular beats them hands down.
Funny you just mentioned about the cheap notepad. When I go photoshooting on film I bring my small kokuyo book with a small pencil... negligible weight and you can just throw it around... no problem with glare in the hot sun either.

used palm... then changed to windows.... to me just a change of UI thats all.... but I do miss the stylus of palm though... so far all the CE pda that i have seen all come with that big fat ugly plastic stylus... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

brian said:
Funny you just mentioned about the cheap notepad. When I go photoshooting on film I bring my small kokuyo book with a small pencil... negligible weight and you can just throw it around... no problem with glare in the hot sun either.
I used to have a problem of 1 hand holding my fone, 1 hand holding the PDA, then another hand holding the stylus.

Then i found out that I only got 2 hands.. :( that made it a lot worse. so i went on a mission to find the thinest PDA available, so when i put on a surface, I can write better. I found it in Popular for $1.35 (with GST incl.)

Hey guys,

need recommendation for Palm. what are the latest models available and where to get cheapest?
any significant differences between Zire & Tunsten series?

I'm currently doing software development for Palm, so I'll need to get one to test out although I've got the emulator & simulator.

Don.

Status
Not open for further replies.