Painting the sky

IsaIbnMohyi

1. In what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, lighting & overall of the photo

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Wanted to show as if the kid is painting the sky with the tool he had.

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
It was in the outdoors at around 5+ PM. I was walking around at east coast with my family & happened to walk towards this kid who was having fun by the beach. I didn't know what to expect as he was moving around, as he stood up & was trying to get a balance, I took this picture. & when I look back at this picture, it seems that he was painting the sky.

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
When I looked at this picture, it really makes me wonder what a kid his age is thinking. When I was there observing him, it really make want to be in his shoe at the moment. He seems to care-free, worry-free & just taking every single moment at a second. Personally, I don't think this picture tells how the kid feels, as he was looking away, but at the same time, it does look like his doing something to the sky. Does it?

Thanks in advance for all your feedbacks, I hope with all the feedback given, it'll make me improve in photography.

Quite dreamy, this photo, yes?
I like your little narrative about how this boy is attempting to color the sky and his actions does suggest that but unfortunately, without your story, I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to tell that. But again, it does make me go "What is that thing he's holding? What is he doing?"

The composition is interesting but I think I would love to see it in a landscape orientation - giving him a wider sky to paint on the left. What do you think? The colors, for me, are a little dull though. The whole photo does look a little dark, don't you think?

Quite dreamy, this photo, yes?
I like your little narrative about how this boy is attempting to color the sky and his actions does suggest that but unfortunately, without your story, I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to tell that. But again, it does make me go "What is that thing he's holding? What is he doing?"

The composition is interesting but I think I would love to see it in a landscape orientation - giving him a wider sky to paint on the left. What do you think? The colors, for me, are a little dull though. The whole photo does look a little dark, don't you think?

Thanks for the feedback.
To be honest, I didn't plan for this composition. Well, I must say I think I get your point, I think it'll better if I can get a landscape orientation. I must agree with you on the colors being a bit dull. I don't find the photo too dark, as the original was a little overexposed, especially the sky, so I took the exposure down by a bit.